Thread: Kids v No Kids

Kids are great, just when they aren't mine and I can go home and recover afterwards. No kids is definitely a winner, all that cash to spend on yourself!

I'm indifferent about kids, I've had very little exposure to them, coming from a very small, fractured family where I've always been the youngest. The prospect of having kids actually scares me at the moment, maybe when I'm really comfortable in a career and a relationship, I'll feel differently.

I love kids. I'm getting my degree this Spring in early childhood education. I'm going to be a kindergarten teacher. I've always wanted to be a birth mother to two, and adopt a few.
    Have: Septum, 16g lobes R: anti-tragus, rook L: helix, daith, tragus, inner conch
    Stretching my lobes to 0g!
    Want: Nipples, R snug and vertical tragus
    Retired: L&R second and third lobes

Though I got married quite young, we hadn't intended to have kids until our 30's at the earliest, but plans didn't mean much! By the time I was 24 we had 4 kids, and though it's been a mad run, and we're not well off with me not working, we're a happy lot.
    Joy - Liquerlover. PiercedandDyed. Twentysomething. RainbowInked. MoshpitAddict. Sleeptalker. CompulsiveAddict. RookieRunner. Koumpounophobe. Mum-of-Four. TeenBride. Riotgrrrl.
    Piercings: nose, rook, 4mm tongue, 15mm lobes & many retired scars
    Tattoos: "ζωή" left shoulder, butterflies across chest, peacock left lower shin, clef heart left hand, full sleeve in progress, half sleeve, phoenix on upper back, seaunicorn lower back.

I'm still really young, but I'm not really sure if I do or don't want kids. & honestly, right now, that kind of scares me. :/

I believe you can have a very happy and complete life with or without kids. People who say that your life is "incomplete" or you don't really know "love" or other significant feelings if you don't have kids, are just plain wrong. My life would have been complete whether I had or didn't have children and I would have tried to be happy either way. This coming from a person who has a child already.

Edit: Oh and I never really liked kids and I still don't, even though I have one. You don't have to like children just because you have one and vice versa. My mom always said I will change my views about everything when I have children. Yes, some have changed but most have not. I am still the same person pretty much, I just have a child now. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by Marianne; 01-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

I don't really like children - I cannot relate to them, and I have never even held a baby (mainly because of my vomit phobia!!) I have never felt broody in my life. People have often told me that it's different when you have your own, but I feel no need to find out!! I can't say I'm happy with my life the way it is right now, but thats nothing to do with not having kids.
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I believe you can have a very happy and complete life with or without kids. People who say that your life is "incomplete" or you don't really know "love" or other significant feelings if you don't have kids, are just plain wrong.
    I couldn't agree more, I think it's disgraceful when I hear people say things like that. We're not put on this earth simply to pro-create and not everyone can.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I couldn't agree more, I think it's disgraceful when I hear people say things like that. We're not put on this earth simply to pro-create and not everyone can.
    Hazel I was old, according to my country's culture, when I had my daughter, I was 29 and everyone there, every single person kept telling me that NOW I will be a complete and whole person, NOW I will finally realize what life is, NOW I will finally start *really* feeling, my mom went as far as to say now I will become a "real person and a real human being", I am quoting her words. I think it's a load of BS. You can be perfectly happy without children AND you can be perfectly happy with children just as well. Of course the circumstances change and of course you do discover some new feelings that you didn't have before but that is neither a good or a bad thing, it's just how it is - a mere FACT and nothing else.

I used to have friends who thought that if a woman doesn't have children, she's not really a woman and has not complete her mission in life, I mean, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE? Really? Yes, nature does make women bear children, does that mean that every single one of the billions on the planet WANTS it or has a mother instinct? NO. Does that make them less of a woman or less of ANYTHING? NO.

And to finish, my opinion is that as long as people are happy and feeling well in themselves and are peaceful, then that is great and that's more than enough for me, whether they have children or not means nothing to be as a way to judge anyone or have a "bad" opinion about anyone like some people do.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Don't like kids. Don't want kids.
    Has: sternum microdermal x 2, ears x 6, nipple x 2.
    Wants: vertical nape MD x 3, venoms (appointment booked!!!), VCH, below bellybutton MD x 2, 3rd sternum MD

Retired: tongue web, snake bites