Thread: Kids v No Kids

Interesting thread! I have 9 nieces and nephews the first of which was born when I was 11. I have always had a big role in their lives and in the general taking-care-of-them-sense. It's prepared me for having children of my own and I know that I will be a fantastic mother. Before I always wanted to have a big family but now I am not so sure. I would love to adopt and have children in my 30s. Yes, this has a lot to do with me progressing my career which is important to me. However I would love to have a child that is biologically my own purely for vanity. I mean, it'd be a shame for the world if my genes weren't passed on!

Yes, I am terribly narcissistic.

I'm 21 almost 22 and I know i'm no where's near ready to have a child. This passed May I was blessed with a niece whom I love dearly, though. Eventually I would like to have children but only after I get my life in order. It's horrible that it's always the child who suffers when people are irresponsible. I personally always envisioned myself having boys, I never really wanted to have a daughter. I generally just think little guys are a lot easier than little girls are, but that may just be me!

My wife was on the waiting list to be sterilised, and then we found out she was pregnant, which was a surprise to my two teenage stepsons, let alone us!

Our son's now 6, and is pretty much a clone of me. Never thought I'd have kids(I'm a career soldier, and never wanted kids to go through the pain if anything should happen to me when I was on ops.). But life sometimes takes us on strange paths, eh?

I never wanted kids (seeing as my childhood was seedy at best)...until I thought I couldn't have kids due to cervical polyps. I had the bit removed and everything is ok, except the Dr said I probably wouldn't be able to have kids. Also sterility runs in my family, and seeing as I hadn't had a kid or even any pregnancy "scares" I thought that it just wouldn't happen. Then...tahdah! I have a Daughter! I wouldn't change anything...even though it was with an ex husband who is to nicely say "financially unstable"

I eventually want kids, even though I don't really like annoying brats making noise and misbehaving. Hopefully mine will be brought up as I was - as my dad said, 'small kids are to be educated like dogs, on a - show, do, get reward - system.'
    It worked well for me, since I never threw a tantrum when small, I sat quietly at the table, I was never a picky eater and I totally behaved and listened to my parents. I also grew up to be pretty responsible and down to earth.

It's definite - my kids will be brought up like dogs. xD That sounds horrible!
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Snicky whilst that's not exactly horrible and makes sense in many ways please do remember that not all kids are born with being able to understand that concept. Some of those annoying brats could well be children with difficulties or disabilities that aren't physical, something that can happen to anyone's child.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I know that. I have contact with a lot of mentally ill kids and kids with difficulties. Those I can tolerate. I'm really going on about kids whose parents can't control them. Like my cousins for example - the older one, at 12, still slept with his mother, even though he had a perfect room, really nice and all decorated just for him. Same with his sister, who's 9. They yell, fight, run around, are picky with food, can't seem to be able to sit on a table for the whole meal (I mean, at 12?? at 4 I can tolerate that, but at 12?!), they cry and make tantrums... My aunt just yells at them which doesn't really work, or, when in a good mood, she thinks it's funny and gives them 'rewards' when they're misbehaving. Both of them are really just badly educated, and there are SO MANY kids just like them around, that it makes me nuts.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Totally agree with what you are saying, sorry if I stepped on any toes. Just something for people to think on when they say how they are going it discipline their kids in future, it can't always go to plan but there's a lot of good coping techniques out there of course.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I have 2 kids (2 beautiful girls). The 1st (Angel) was unplanned & the 2nd (Keeley) was planned as we wanted a little brother or sister for Angel. But anyway, I wouldn't change them for the world, they are amazing and there really is nothing more rewarding in life than being a parent & seeing your kids evolve & grow. They're so funny too sometimes, kids. They make you grow up quickly too when your a young parent & I also think they make you a better person too. Before my kids were born I would go out & drink every weekend and stuff whereas now I make better use of my time doing things like home improvement and spending the day with my girls.
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

Sometimes I think I love kids yet most of the time I just don't know how to get together with kids for I am afraid that I'll lose patience. Now I am not ready for having a kid and I just can't imagine what will happen if I have a kid. oh, terrible! Somebody can persuade me to have kids. I feel terrible to give birth to a kid and may be I will die.