Page 102 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1456

Thread: Kids v No Kids

Also you don't choose your symptoms. They vary greatly between pregnancies. My sister had a little bit of a problem in her first pregnancy with her joints. In her second pregnancy she ended up having to walk on crutches towards the end because she had awful sciatica in her hips. You don't expect and choose to end up walking on crutches when you're pregnant.

I think someone's mum telling them that being ill is easier than morning sickness is stupid. I'm still going to give my seat up for pregnant women though. And old ladies. Just like I'm going to carry on offering to help old ladies with their shopping and hold doors open for people with more bags than me. Yeah they made the choice to carry lots of bags but I'd like someone to do it for me.

Having said that I find it really annoying when I hear of pregnant women tutting and sighing rather than politely asking for a seat. "I'm really sorry but my feet are killing me, do you mind if I sit?" is so much nicer than *humph**huff**mutter* "people are so rude!" I know when I'm going to and from work I tend to get lost in a book and don't notice people who need the seat. I always happily give mine up when I see people who need it more than I do. I just often forget to scan for them.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    Also you don't choose your symptoms. They vary greatly between pregnancies. My sister had a little bit of a problem in her first pregnancy with her joints. In her second pregnancy she ended up having to walk on crutches towards the end because she had awful sciatica in her hips. You don't expect and choose to end up walking on crutches when you're pregnant.

I think someone's mum telling them that being ill is easier than morning sickness is stupid. I'm still going to give my seat up for pregnant women though. And old ladies. Just like I'm going to carry on offering to help old ladies with their shopping and hold doors open for people with more bags than me. Yeah they made the choice to carry lots of bags but I'd like someone to do it for me.

Having said that I find it really annoying when I hear of pregnant women tutting and sighing rather than politely asking for a seat. "I'm really sorry but my feet are killing me, do you mind if I sit?" is so much nicer than *humph**huff**mutter* "people are so rude!" I know when I'm going to and from work I tend to get lost in a book and don't notice people who need the seat. I always happily give mine up when I see people who need it more than I do. I just often forget to scan for them.
    +1

Agree 100% - i would always give up a seat for a pregnant lady just like a disabled person or an old person assuming i was physically able (once i was very ill and could hardly walk and an old person just stared at me expecting me to give up my seat but i didnt and made lots of people tut in disgust - but i could hardly stand myself!) and they had asked politely. Sometimes they dont ask because they dont want to be rude and just stand but i would ask them if they want my seat, but if they tutt or grump i would just ignore them! what annoys me is i'm very happy to let old people on the bus first but when they try to cut in front of me without asking i shoulder barge them back! i cannot abide rudeness!

Manner cost nothing and the world would be such more pleasant place if we were kinder to each other!
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip, 2 x philtrum

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I completely agree with you Dungeoneer. I find that being a teenager seems to make people even more rude to me! Old people have to be the worst for that! Grr.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post

Sometimes they dont ask because they dont want to be rude and just stand but i would ask them if they want my seat, but if they tutt or grump i would just ignore them! what annoys me is i'm very happy to let old people on the bus first but when they try to cut in front of me without asking i shoulder barge them back! i cannot abide rudeness!

Manner cost nothing and the world would be such more pleasant place if we were kinder to each other!
    I'm exactly the same!!!!
    As soon as I notice someone who has a greater need than me I would always offer them the seat but I hate it when people stand huffing and puffing because you haven't noticed an old person standing. What makes it worse in my opinion is when other passangers expect you to give up your seat and join in the complaining if you don't just because you look young when they are probably only 5ish years older than me and never seem to consider giving up there seats!

Another time that annoyed me was when I could hear two oldish people (5%ish perhaps) moaning that I and my brother's girlfriend hadn't given up our seats for them (they sat down behind us anyway). I hope when we stood up and they realised I was on crutches and was trying to assit her back from the hospital after she'd had a general anesthetic and was struggling to walk they felt guilty!!!! It wasn't as if we were sat in the seats reserved for the old, pregnant or disabled either.
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

I find it interesting just how many people are totally unbroody here. I haven't really experienced that until I came on BJS. Maybe because not many people my age talk about the issue of having children or not.
    But hey, I can definitely say that everyone who lacks broodyness - I sure make up for it! I will breed for everyone and forever!
    But in all seriousness - I couldn't wish for anything better than to mother healthy children. It's my ultimate goal. Not that it diminishes my other goals in life, like getting far in my chosen career, having a home, being happy - I'm just saying that being a mother would be incredibly fulfilling to me and I can't wait for the day to flaunt my pregnancy.
    PAT

Lobes: Were 1/2", Now downsized
    Venoms Septum Double Nostrils
    Double Tragus Forward Helix Conch
    Retired: Medusa, Triangle, Cheeks
    ---

~ Female With Best Piercing 2008 ~
    ~ Friendliest Member 2008 ~
    ~ Best Facial Piercing 2010 ~
    ~ Most Fabulous Hair (Joint winner with IckleNatStar) 2010 ~

pattehcake your welcome to have my share of babies! Just don't ask me to babysit them until they're at least 3!!!!!!
    Current:
    Retired:
    Tattoos:
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

Quote Originally Posted by pattehcake View Post
    I find it interesting just how many people are totally unbroody here. I haven't really experienced that until I came on BJS. Maybe because not many people my age talk about the issue of having children or not.
    But hey, I can definitely say that everyone who lacks broodyness - I sure make up for it! I will breed for everyone and forever!
    But in all seriousness - I couldn't wish for anything better than to mother healthy children. It's my ultimate goal. Not that it diminishes my other goals in life, like getting far in my chosen career, having a home, being happy - I'm just saying that being a mother would be incredibly fulfilling to me and I can't wait for the day to flaunt my pregnancy.
    I'm the same - can't wait to have kids. I'm always cooing over babies. I mean, it's not an immediate goal - I took a long undergrad & masters degree, so I was at uni for 6 years and I intend to start a job as soon as possible, but children are definitely on my priority list.
    Piercings:
    Left ear: 2 x lobe, tragus
    Right ear: 3 x lobe, forward helix
    Navel

Want:
    left auricle
    Nape
    VCH

Speaking of polite-ness, has anyone seen the scottish comedy Limmy before? this video is funny and reminds me of running to get doors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsLmwh0Vf0

not great quality video but you get the idea.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip, 2 x philtrum

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

old people these days are so rude btw. An old lady hit me really hard with her shoulder (i turned sideways and everything) and I still said sorry and she just glared at me and said "watch where the fuck youre going!" Wtf :(? Old ladys are supposed to be sweet. :(:(
    Ears;
    Tragus (l), Double Helix (l), Rook (r), Conch to conch Industrial (r), Daith (l), Snug (l) lobes (l@2.4mm r@0mm).
    Body;
    Navel.(2mm)
    Hoping for;
    Septum, snug (L), antitragus (R), more lobes, forward helix(L), horizontal industrial (hopefully, R). Double tongue, Inverse navel, collarbone MD's, 6mm/8mm lobes, horizontal nipples, VCH/Triangle
    (if i ever get brave enough.)

Retired;
    Lobes (l&r) second time up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh. View Post
    old people these days are so rude btw. An old lady hit me really hard with her shoulder (i turned sideways and everything) and I still said sorry and she just glared at me and said "watch where the fuck youre going!" Wtf :(? Old ladys are supposed to be sweet. :(:(
    I'm actually laughing so hard at that coffee came out my nose!
    Your right old ladies are supposed to be sweet but old ladies everywhere are starting to develop mean streaks. I got poked out of the way by an old lady wanting to get her bus ticket before me, despite the fact we were in a queue. It wouldn't have been so bad but she poked me with her brolly!!!!!
    Current:
    Retired:
    Tattoos:
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix