Page 101 of 146 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1456

Thread: Kids v No Kids

I have been thinking about this a lot. I don't think I could ever have a child pass through my lady parts to be honest... The thought of this is horrific to the point where I want to get my tubes tied, but realistically I know that people change their mind as they age and with me being only 24 it is a big step to take to basically sterilize yourself...I always thought I might adopt eventually, but as I see it now I will probably never be going down the road of parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by katielou View Post
    I think I'm actually really lucky in the respect that my mother totally understands my choice not to have children.
    She agrees there are many reasons for me not to bother and she's never made comments about missing out on grandchildren. In fact my cousin made her god mother to her daughter so she's kinda got a pretend grandchild right there!

I'd never thought of the hypocritic nature of that before Dungeoneer, I've often been told that I am selfish for not wanting children and to a small degree that upsets me, I mean why is it selfish if I'm chosing not to have a child because I don't think I'd be able to do the greatest job as a mother? Surely it's kinder not to put a child through poor parenting. If I chose not to have children, surely that only affects myself and my partner (who would obviously have to feel the same way I do) so how can that be selfish? How can chosing not to do something be selfish?
    However I'd never thought about all those parents (like a friends mother who has 6 kids, is a single mum, has never worked a day in her life and lives on benefits in a council house instead) who I call selfish because they are having children they can't really afford to have, I'd never thought about how they would feel to be called selfish!
    Thanks for making me see I was been a little hypocrit there!!!
    Mind saying that it doesn't stop me thinking they are!!!!!!!!!!
    That's cool, it wasn't meant as a personal attack on anyone on the forum more of just a observation in general.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

i am now sick of my mum being a child minder after a full day of work i get home to a house full of screaming children, so now im working late every night unpaid but the silence is fantastic. She keeps trying to force me to interact with a little girl she looks after and is like this is why you need to have children when you're older, im like why would that stinking brat convince me to have a child?

I quite happily say no kids. My sister is pregnant just now and my mum keeps saying "you'll sympathise with her once you're pregnant" and I'll say "funny that, I don't want kids" she just wont accept that i dont want kids, she'll say to me "we'll see..."

I had the flu and told my mum, and i kept being sick. At this point my sister had morning sickness, and she just said.. "think how your sister feels" I just feel like saying "I didn't fucking ask for this!!! she did." :O
    Ears;
    Tragus (l), Double Helix (l), Rook (r), Conch to conch Industrial (r), Daith (l), Snug (l) lobes (l@2.4mm r@0mm).
    Body;
    Navel.(2mm)
    Hoping for;
    Septum, snug (L), antitragus (R), more lobes, forward helix(L), horizontal industrial (hopefully, R). Double tongue, Inverse navel, collarbone MD's, 6mm/8mm lobes, horizontal nipples, VCH/Triangle
    (if i ever get brave enough.)

Retired;
    Lobes (l&r) second time up.

My mother was similar when i was younger - all this 'you'll change your mind' or 'you'll feel different in a few years' but now i shudder to think she may have actually realized i may not ever have kids!!
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Quote Originally Posted by bekki2308 View Post
    i am now sick of my mum being a child minder after a full day of work i get home to a house full of screaming children, so now im working late every night unpaid but the silence is fantastic. She keeps trying to force me to interact with a little girl she looks after and is like this is why you need to have children when you're older, im like why would that stinking brat convince me to have a child?
    Ergh, I'd hate that. My boyfriend's family are foster carers and I would've hated to live there...for the last year there have been 6 kids ages 1-14 (not counting my boyfriend obviously). It's so stressful. Although since I met them I've got loads better with kids (and even liked one or two of them!). Two have gone to their adoptive family today after being there for over a year, I'll really miss the younger one, she was cute (well, in small doses, ha).

To reply to the Op.

I am 24, married and have 4 children. My eldest two are almost 6 (twins), then i have a 2.5 year old and my youngest is 6 months old. I couldn't imagine life without my children. I love being a Mother and have always wanted to be a Mother. However i totally respect those who choose not to have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    That's cool, it wasn't meant as a personal attack on anyone on the forum more of just a observation in general.
    Honey I didn't take it as an attack!!!
    You actually made me see that perhaps I was been a little hypocritcal judging others for their life choices when I don't like people doing exactly that to me!!!
    Last edited by katielou; 06-16-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh. View Post
    I had the flu and told my mum, and i kept being sick. At this point my sister had morning sickness, and she just said.. "think how your sister feels" I just feel like saying "I didn't fucking ask for this!!! she did." :O
    Oooh this is something that bugs me - when people are pregnant they moan about the morning sickness, they moan that people don't get out of their seat on the bus for them, they moan that their back hurts - maybe they should stop moaning and think about all the poor people out there who are genuinely disabled and have all these problems every day with NO choice!

I know that's a bit ranty but they were talking about how AWFUL is it not to give up your seat on a bus to an expectant mother on Radio 2 and it was really annoying me. People choose to get pregnant. Learn to deal with the consequences, lol
    I'm Emma

I have: 2 x 8mm lobes; scaffold; tragus; conch

Tattoo on upper thigh - Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas
    Done by Billy the Bastard
    Custom Inc, Glasgow
    14/09/2010

Crow tattoo by Tiny Miss Becca @ Jayne Doe

Stag tattoo by Piotr Gie @ Rock n Roll Dundee

Fox tattoo by Amy Savage @ Jayne Doe

Gallery - Deviantart - MySpazz
    - EBay

Who would know
    all the reasons you're alone?
    If the seeds were planted firm my dear
    would the branches tear it all apart?

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tegoz_Marianos View Post
    Oooh this is something that bugs me - when people are pregnant they moan about the morning sickness, they moan that people don't get out of their seat on the bus for them, they moan that their back hurts - maybe they should stop moaning and think about all the poor people out there who are genuinely disabled and have all these problems every day with NO choice!

I know that's a bit ranty but they were talking about how AWFUL is it not to give up your seat on a bus to an expectant mother on Radio 2 and it was really annoying me. People choose to get pregnant. Learn to deal with the consequences, lol
    Not necessarily.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!