Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CONCH OWWWWWW

Default CONCH OWWWWWW

had my conch done a few weeks ago and its still really tender!!! my piercer did warn me but i thought i knew best!!! ha ha ha ...... id love to put a ring in it but have a horrid labret stud in it at the mo....how long should i leave it before i can change it? (ps i am VERY impatient!!!)

ps i also have labret, tragus,pinna, and stretcehd lobes currently 8mm :lol:

ps im a newbie so any advice or friends would be most welcome !!!

*Hello*

Wait a few months before changing it, if it is still sore, there is no point in putting a ring in it. The ring will only aggrivate the piercing more, making it flare up and be even more painful, possibly even creating scar tissue.

"Patience is a virtue" especially for well healed piercings!!
    Current: Septum, Venoms, Labret, Navel, VCT, Microdermal x 2, Madonna, Lobe x 4
    Retired: Lobe x 1 and Surface (Stomach), Scaffold, Conch

cheers for that,
    thing is i keep knocking it when washing my hair etc and i think its gonna be sore forever!!!!! aaarrrgggghhhhh

Well, you're just gonna have to train yourself to be more gentle on that side of the head!!! =P
    Current: Septum, Venoms, Labret, Navel, VCT, Microdermal x 2, Madonna, Lobe x 4
    Retired: Lobe x 1 and Surface (Stomach), Scaffold, Conch

hiiiii.
    i got my conch done a year a couple of months back with a stud. I only just got the BCR in it two weeks ago. Its a little tender from sleeping on it, but its recovering.
    I soak it with a really hot saline solution every now and then. It seems to help
    Piercings;

Left ear; 25mm lobe, Tragus.
    Right ear; 25mm lobe, Tragus, 8mm upper flat.
    Lower lip, left
    Labret 4mm.
    Septum 6mm.
    Tongue.
    Reverse navel.

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

It's going to take *at least* 3 or 4 months to settle down - but it's a conch so it's through cartilage which can be a bit tricky and can sometimes take more than a year. I had mine pierced about 2 months ago and I have a labret stud in. It's really best to leave it as long as possible ( 6 months plus because these piercings are very temperamental) before you go ahead and change it for a nice big ring.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

I've had both my conches pierced for nearly a year ...i'd say their pretty much fully healed...i wear barbells in them and have no problems...i never catch them, theres never any crust, they never hurt and in general brilliant but few weeks ago i decided to put bcr in one of them...i only managed to keep it in for 3 days cos it was painful...is this normal?? i knew it would need to adjust to a ring but after 3 days i was so fed up of it hurting i put the bar back in!!!

any one else have this???
    Metal - Septum, Left ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch, tragus Right ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch x2, rook

Ink - Both ankles, back and chest

xEmmax

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Conches are just a bit irritable. My boyfriend recent changed his to rings about 2 weeks ago andd they've given him quite a lot of discomfort. He hadn't changed the jewellery since they were pierced about 4 years ago until now. It just takes a long time for your body to get used to the change in shape and the extra weight.
    He's just told me that when healing it took about 18 months for his to settle completely to the point that there was no pain or irritation whatsoever.
    Just have to bear with it.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by mer_1984
    ...they never hurt and in general brilliant but few weeks ago i decided to put bcr in one of them...i only managed to keep it in for 3 days cos it was painful...is this normal?? i knew it would need to adjust to a ring but after 3 days i was so fed up of it hurting i put the bar back in!!!
    any one else have this???
    I converted a couple conch piercings into orbitals (rings going through the conch and the top of my lobe). They were never really at ease and after about 3 months i changed them to four independent bars instead. The conch piercings went back to being happy again soon after.
    10mm PA, 5mm septum, baby rook, nostril, loads retired | *gold star*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast