Page 1 of 279 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Default Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Ok so here is my angry face:

I went to the local sexual health clinic for a repeat of the pill, i'm on microgynon 30 and was told that, despite having used it for 5 years i'm not allowed to have it.

Why? Because when I was younger I used to get migraines with Aura (visual disturbances) and apparently by taking a combined pill like Micro I have an increased risk of stroke - despite not having a migraine with Aura for about 8 years now.

So now they want to mess up my system and put me on cerzette (progesterone only) pill.

This means I am likely to bleed for several weeks in a row till things settle down
    only have a period every 4 months or so (if at all which means no regular way to ensure you're not pregnant)
    Possible weight gain
    Possible depression
    Possibly turn into a psycho bitch (if i'm not one already)

and I ammmmmm MAD!!!!! Not only because I'm being messed about at a time when I'm finally feeling really comfy in my own skin but also because i've changed doctor's 3 times since being on the pill and not once did they tell me that I could be in risk of stroke - despite knowing I had once suffered from migraine bad enough to be prescribed daily medication. They also randomly sprung the same thing on my sister last year...

Has it happened to anyone else? What are your experiences of Cerazette? Cookies and hugs please?

EDIT: For my feedback on what being on the Implant (which is what I chose over cerazette) was like for me and how I am now finding my newest contraception I have updated everyone in this post: https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...=1#post1268844
    Last edited by kuku; 12-15-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I had the same problem - I'm a high migraine risk and yet was on Micro for about a year and a half. Only when I changed doctors and tell her that I'd been passing out / dizzy / naseous pretty much every day for the past 6 months of taking it did I get told that I should never have been on it at all.

I tried Cerazette and although the ill feelings stopped I had a period for about a month solid and after that it would come on about 4 times a month at random.

I'm now on the injection. Best thing I ever did - maybe that's an option? Not a single side effect that I can say I've noticed...except bigger boobs
    I'm Emma

I have: 2 x 8mm lobes; scaffold; tragus; conch

Tattoo on upper thigh - Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas
    Done by Billy the Bastard
    Custom Inc, Glasgow
    14/09/2010

Crow tattoo by Tiny Miss Becca @ Jayne Doe

Stag tattoo by Piotr Gie @ Rock n Roll Dundee

Fox tattoo by Amy Savage @ Jayne Doe

Gallery - Deviantart - MySpazz
    - EBay

Who would know
    all the reasons you're alone?
    If the seeds were planted firm my dear
    would the branches tear it all apart?

i'm not too sure about pills because i myself am terrible in taking meds regularly (i'm on anti-depressants.. ugh) but i've got a bar in my arm.. Implanon i think its called... why not try that? lasts for approx. 3 years

I've heard the migraine thing before...maybe it was your old doctors who should've mentioned it? Either way, that sucks. =/ I've had annoying pill problems too. I've been trying to switch to another combined pill for a year now (due to lack of sex drive/painful sex and horrible headaches when I'm on), but they either think I'm depressed or tell me it's not the pill. Fair enough if it's not, but at least let me try something else! Or they try and put me on the implant/injection/POP, none of which I want as I really want to be able to know for certain when/if I'll be on.

Arghhhhhhhhh.

Booking an appointment with the doctor rather than the nurse next time I get a repeat prescription in the hope they might listen to me and let me try another pill.

I've never been on the minipill but my friend is - not sure of the exact brand though - and she was okay with it as far as I know. Her periods didn't stop but were much lighter, shorter and less often.

Quote Originally Posted by katexx View Post
    Or they try and put me on the implant/injection/POP, none of which I want as I really want to be able to know for certain when/if I'll be on.
    Seriously worth giving the injection some consideration. The first couple of times I had mine I had a very light period for about a week then nothing the rest of the 3 months until the next one. Now I get nothing at all. If I'm ever worried about pregnancy I can always do a test but not having periods is amazing for me as I have a very outdoors job and can't be running to the loo every hour to change things! You can always try it and see and if it's not for you then just wait til the 3 months is done and it's out of your system
    I'm Emma

I have: 2 x 8mm lobes; scaffold; tragus; conch

Tattoo on upper thigh - Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas
    Done by Billy the Bastard
    Custom Inc, Glasgow
    14/09/2010

Crow tattoo by Tiny Miss Becca @ Jayne Doe

Stag tattoo by Piotr Gie @ Rock n Roll Dundee

Fox tattoo by Amy Savage @ Jayne Doe

Gallery - Deviantart - MySpazz
    - EBay

Who would know
    all the reasons you're alone?
    If the seeds were planted firm my dear
    would the branches tear it all apart?

Ugg I know! Thing is no doctor I have been to said there was anything wrong with it (different surgeries too :P) and i'm just mad at being screwed around. I never used to be self concious about body stuff but my first year at uni really knocked my confidence and I put on a stone and felt like poo! What were people's weight gain on the PoP did you notice any?

I have thought about the injection and the implant but since its still PO i might as well try this pill first... the thought of having a peroid for the next month makes me want to cry though (and that seems to happen to everyone!) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tegoz_Marianos View Post
    Seriously worth giving the injection some consideration. The first couple of times I had mine I had a very light period for about a week then nothing the rest of the 3 months until the next one. Now I get nothing at all. If I'm ever worried about pregnancy I can always do a test but not having periods is amazing for me as I have a very outdoors job and can't be running to the loo every hour to change things! You can always try it and see and if it's not for you then just wait til the 3 months is done and it's out of your system
    Hmm I like the idea of that... sounds like it would be easier than getting used to the POP, did you gain weight at all (I know I shouldn't go on about it because i'm a small girl anyway but I just brought myself a lot of nice new clothes and want to stay fitting in them lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tegoz_Marianos View Post
    I reallllllly want no periods, but I just can't face the possibility of a really long period to begin with, or them just being normal. I hate being on so much, and if there's any chance of me having periods I want to know when they are so I can skip them if I need to, haha. It's either a guarantee of none or being able to control them for me.

If I try any of them it'll be the POP or implant. Definitely don't fancy the injection - I'd rather have the implant so I could get it taken out ASAP if I had bad side effects, don't want to wait around for 3 months if I do have very bad side effects! Also, with my huge lack of calcium and history of osteoporosis/other bone problems in the family I don't think the injection would be a good idea, it has links to bone density problems or something AFAIK.

Hehe I don't mind periods... they're annoying but at least I know where I am with them... on PoP you don't really know because its not monthly... its... well whenever they feel like it (settles down to every 4 months usually but you can get spotting in between). Its just such a PITA and is going to add extra crap to my life at a time where its just not convienent darn it!

I know what you mean about the period thing. I got Implanon about a month and a half ago and within 24 hours of getting it I started a heavy period that lasted for 26 days! But this time round it was light as anything and lasted 2 so I have no idea what's gonna go on now!
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug