Page 9 of 279 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Bloody people, ridiculous, the whole problem could be resolved so easily. They complain about people having kids too late but help them anyway but won't help those who truly don't want kids.

I haven't ever wanted kids, I'm 20 next year, I can't see it changing, but I know I won't ever get help with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Also leave a packet at your mums and a packet at your dads and a packet in a favourite bag. That way if you do forget to take it you will have a packet around that you can substitute!
    I
    sorry i know this was ages ago but i was in uni, but isnt that a whole lotta hassle? a doctor will only prescribe so many months at a time anyway, and then you have the added hassle of trying to remember what number you were on, and will prob end up losing track of your cycle altogether!
    i take mine in the morn, its in my make up bag, so it gets seen every day therefore prompting me to take it! even if i go away, i always remember make up, and as a consequence never forget my pill either!
    x

I lost mine at Bloodstock D: I've forgotten to take it before and that's annoying enough, now I've got to wait until I can pick up the prescription, gahhh ><
    I'm Katie (:
    Current mods: conch, navel, tragus, lobes
    Wants: nipples, nape, forward helix, hip MD.

Facebook (:

or you could go to the brook and get it there and then!
    x

That's true! If I can get there sometime soon x)
    I'm Katie (:
    Current mods: conch, navel, tragus, lobes
    Wants: nipples, nape, forward helix, hip MD.

Facebook (:

most family planning clinics have an evening option too cos they know its difficult for people to get there through the day and stuff, work, kids etc so it may be worth a google! they have their own supply, u could walk away with your pill the same night!x

I've been on the pill since I was 16, then changed to the patch about 2 years ago, you leave it on for a week and change every week, one week off for periods, and I had a horrible time with it. Constant rashes and itching. Then I was recommended the injection which I had for about a year and a half, but when I had my knee surgery I couldn't get to the surgery in enough time to have the injection again and was told to wait till my next period. I waited about 4 months with no period and then went to the sexual health clinic where they told me to come back the following week to have my implant fitted.

AND I love it! Best thing I've ever had. No periods, no pain, no weight gain. And you can't see the scar where they put it in. I'm pleased cause I don't have to think about it and I don't have to remember to keep making appointments at the surgery.
    call me:Tabby, Tab, Tabby-cat...Whatever you like!
    Current Piercings :
    First Holes 1.2mm | Second Holes 1mm | 1.2mm Helix | 1mm Nostril
    Piercing Wish List: Tongue, conch, nipple (x2), VCH
    Tattoos : Hidden pentacle on right hip and Zabi with flower on my left foot

happyone

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Ok so here is my angry face:

I went to the local sexual health clinic for a repeat of the pill, i'm on microgynon 30 and was told that, despite having used it for 5 years i'm not allowed to have it.

Why? Because when I was younger I used to get migraines with Aura (visual disturbances) and apparently by taking a combined pill like Micro I have an increased risk of stroke - despite not having a migraine with Aura for about 8 years now.

So now they want to mess up my system and put me on cerzette (progesterone only) pill..........

.......Has it happened to anyone else? What are your experiences of Cerazette? Cookies and hugs please?
    I AM on cerazette

I have had a bout 5 classic migraines in my life. each one has completely floored me. Audio and visual disturbances, i cant lift my hands. cant process thoughts. cant talk. cant control my tongue to speak right. the head pain usually lasts a few hours but the other stuff lasts around a week.

My first ever pill was Loestrin (combi) which i was taking for years (roughly 1999-2006?). I had been away from my health centre in 2006 when i ran out of the pills so i dropped into another DR practice to see if they would write me out a prescription. They asked me a list of questions and then refused to repeat my prescription due to the fact i had suffered migraines in my past.

They then prescribed me Cerazette.... and it has been the best thing ever for me.

Prior to ever being on the pill i had extremely painful and heavy periods. When i was on Loestrin i was still in a lot of pain but would only bleed 5 days. SInce being on Cerazette (which is now 3 years) i have only bled once!!!! and that was when i was under alot of stress.

I haven't gained any weight, and because i take cerazette every day (not 21 days on 7 days off) it maintains the hormone level as a constant (every single day you are taking the same little pill)... so there are no 'ups' and 'downs' which means that there aren't massive hormone changes = no mood swings.

I say go for it. if it doesnt work for you then there are loads of other options but i only have good things to say about cerazette and the way it has worked for me.

By the way, i did actually have one migraine last summer which was totally out of the blue and i did think to myself that i was glad that DR changed my pill... I had never ever thought about strokes before, but am now glad that i am preventing it from happening.

Good luck. if you have any other questions please ask, i'm aware this message is probably badly written and confused. Ive had a long day at work... sorry
    Last edited by happyone; 08-17-2009 at 09:38 PM.

happyone

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CKstarrr View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Cilest?
    I was prescribed Micro a few months ago because of period pains and then was told that I shouldn't take it because it'll make a skin thing on my arms worse. So I was prescribed Cilest but I'm worried about weight gain etc etc :(
    oops i made a mistake in my last message... my first ever pill was Cilest (spelling? i cant remember) and after a year or two i then went onto Loestril and for the past three years i've been Cerazette.
    I asked to come off Cilest because i was convinced it was giving me bad skin.

Aaah i'm a bit apprehencious about Cilest even though it depends on the person and a lot of people have been taking it for years and are fine and eveyrhting I've heard and read so many bad things about Cilest aaah fingers crossed haha..
    Right ear - 3 x lobe (2 x DIY)
    Left ear - 3 x lobe (2 x DIY), 1 x Helix 1.6mm
    Retired - 3 x Tongue web, 8mm lobe

Want - Tragus, Conch, Rook, Venoms, Dermals, 3 x Navel