Page 8 of 279 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

I take it just before bed, I put an alarm on my phone for 10pm so I take it. It means if I forget I have til 10am to take it, considering I'm awake from anything between 10pm and 3am its easy.

Also leave a packet at your mums and a packet at your dads and a packet in a favourite bag. That way if you do forget to take it you will have a packet around that you can substitute!

I've been off my pill now for 4 days and yesterday I was quite ill, I think it was a combination of not eating very much, low blood sugar and hormones but I'm pretty sure it was a migraine and if it was its the worse one I've had in 8 years! (No visual disturbances though).

Apart from being a little emotional (but then I'm due on anyway) i'm so far nice and normal without the pill :P
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

This is why I love the implant. It only took 10 minutes or so to put in, little stingy and had to have a heap of blood tests beforehand which I didn't like. But I'm sorted til the middle of 2012. I was on antibiotics a few months ago.. I had a whole 6 tablets to take and I still managed to almost forget to take one in the morning. Had to change my plans for the day! I mean it was only for 3 days and I still managed to mess it up!
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Hehe yes, I've struggled for 5 years to remember to take my pill (it doesn't help that i'm dyspraxic) and like I said if im going to be messed around now I might as well make my life a little easier for myself!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I'd love to take the implant if there wasn't a risk I couldn't have my monthlys, even though the pills aren't exactly real the assurance is and I wouldn't want to waste time and effort having the implant only to have it removed a month later. Being a woman is a pain. :(

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    What about the coil? That is hormone free... might be worth a thought!
    yeah i did think about it but doctors dont like to try to fit them on women who havent had children

I had the implant for a year, I was on my period when I got it then didn't get one till I got it out. It was great for that but I my skin became awful, spots all over my chin and I gained about a stone and a half.

I was on the micogyn 30 I think its called for about a year and half and I had no side effects, other than a bit of sickness in the first few months of taking it I was fine.

I just want to be sterilised but no doctor will do the procedure on someone so young :(
    3 Tattoos :

3 stars on nape (Hope to cover it soon though)
    Heart locket and key on ribs
    Roses on foot

Quote Originally Posted by LeanneD View Post
    I had the implant for a year, I was on my period when I got it then didn't get one till I got it out. It was great for that but I my skin became awful, spots all over my chin and I gained about a stone and a half.

I was on the micogyn 30 I think its called for about a year and half and I had no side effects, other than a bit of sickness in the first few months of taking it I was fine.

I just want to be sterilised but no doctor will do the procedure on someone so young :(
    Even at 30 they'll think twice about doing so and from research it'll be a struggle and a half.

I know :( They don't like to do it unless you already have 'completed' your family.

Oh right so the fact I have (hypothetically) a husband, four dogs, my sister and brother and my parents, aunts, gran, I yet to have a family?

ugh.
    3 Tattoos :

3 stars on nape (Hope to cover it soon though)
    Heart locket and key on ribs
    Roses on foot

I have a friend in her mid 30s who is desperate to have a hysterectomy... She's single, never wants kids, and has terrible untreatable problems with excessive bleeding.. and they still won't even consider it. :(