Page 75 of 279 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Ahhh i dont know where they are here :( , *wishes this wasnt happening*

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CB4QtQMwAA

I'd get your ass to one soon. Its effectiveness decreases the longer you leave it.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

'With Loestrin 20, if you have missed ONE pill anywhere in the packet, you will still be protected against pregnancy and you don't need to use extra contraception. Take the pill you missed as soon as you remember, then continue taking your pills as normal.'

Phew!! Thanks for the link though,,there all pretty close to me tbh, might come in handy at a later date.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Bah.

For the last week I've been getting what seems to be breakthrough bleeding. It's just enough to be really irritating. This hasn't happened before - I'm part way through my second pack, but I normally run two together anyway. nI'm wondering whether it could be to do with losing weight? [I've lost half a stone in the last month] Anyone got any ideas?

Also, would I be able to take my break week now, halfway through the second pack? I want to avoid being on when I see my boyfriend, but if I go to the end of the pack, I will be. I'm not sure I want to run three packs together, particluarly with getting breakthrough bleeding already =/
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Yep you can take your break week halfway through a pack
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Flo: Losing half a stone over a month is unlikely to give you irregular bleeding unless you're already dangerously underweight. Some people get occasional breakthrough bleeding, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. If it continues long term, you should consider a visit to your GP.
    Last edited by bigredfish; 11-03-2010 at 05:56 PM.

i 'breakthrough' bled for a month once. terrible.
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

I personally can't wait to go back on the pill.. my periods have been crippling these past few months when I haven't been on it!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Can anyone give me good and bad points about the implant and the depro injection? I want some personal experiences :-)
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

I had the implant fitted just over a year ago and have found it to be really good.

Pros
    - Insertion really didn't hurt
    - I don't get PMT (and my mood swings when I was on the pill were horrific)
    - I was terrible at remembering to take the pill and this takes all of the worry out of that
    - I am quite a 'sicky' person and love the fact that vomiting doesn't affect my contraception like the pill can
    - I love the fact that it is quite long term - I don't plan on having children for at least another five years and I love the fact that I don't have to think about contraception constantly, e.g. making doctor's appointments every three months for repeat prescriptions etc...

Cons
    - Whilst I didn't have any periods for the first six months, I now get really irregular bleeding which can be quite annoying and inconvenient. Sometimes I can bleed constantly for upto 10 days, other times I wont bleed for a couple of months. That said, when I do bleed, it is really light, more like spotting really. TMI possibly, but it doesn't usually require a full on tampon - a liner is usually enough. Also, I don't get any period cramps etc.
    - I found it quite disconcerting for the first few months that I had no periods - I went to my doctor and insisted on a pregnancy test because I was so paranoid. Now I don't give it a second thought!
    - It isn't due for a while, but I am crapping myself about having it removed!!

I am the only one of my friends to have the implant and when I say how much I love it and recommend it, they all say 'but I don't like the idea that I might bleed more'. Some girls stop getting periods completely, some get continual bleeding. Unfortunately you wont really know until you try it. Worst case scenario, you can always have it removed early.
    Last edited by x_Clover_x; 11-05-2010 at 12:37 PM.