Page 47 of 279 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

GerryLeanne

Quote Originally Posted by kabel View Post
    ^^ Can't remember if you've said already on here about problems with your implant, but can I ask....what's making you so glad to be getting rid? I'm due to have it put in in a couple of weeks but still not wholly sure about it. Think it's the irregular bleeding issues that I'm concerned about - and how they're managed. I want the implant because I can't swallow pills and I'm finishing with the injections as I've been on them a couple of years exactly now and don't want the associated bone density issues, yet the methods used for sorting out the bleeding problems on the implant are both of these!! It's all such a pain in the arse!
    It's different for everyone so don't let this put you off I'm on my period for an average 0f 18-20 days a month (i will have my implant for a year this friday). I am covered in spots, and i mean covered. Full on acne. I never used to get spots, just a few black heads but now my complexion is horrid. It has changed my personality in a huge way. I'm so touchy and stressy. Because of all the stress i don't have an appetite. I went from 8st8 to 6st10 in six weeks, i just stopped eating and couldn't force myself to eat. I used to be a UK size 10 and am now a UK size 4. My boobs have shrunk from a DD to a small C cup. The boobs, weight and lack of money to buy clothes that fit, along with all the spots have took every last bit of self confidence i have away from myself. I'm so emotional over every tiny thing, very snappy, i'm horrible. Me and my boyfriend used to have sex almost every night that we were together, about 5-6 nights a week, now we only have sex once every 2-3 weeks, and we are together most of the time. The thought of it disgusts me, i just want a good nights sleep and a cuddle, the second he tried to make a move i just snap and him and tell him to fuck off or go home... I'm horrible, i'm surprised he's still with me. & it's all been since i got my implant in. Because my sister once had the implant and it messed her about, everybody has been monitoring me on it and they've been telling me to have it out for months. I've just been scared of the commitment and process of having it taken out. Also that it's the easiest contraceptive to have because you don't have to do anything for another 3 years... but i hardly ever have sex, and when i do i feel horrible and can't enjoy because i feel so horrible, that having the implant defeats the object... so it's coming out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced_Beauty View Post
    ive got the implant had it a month and i thinks its awsome! no periods , no pain, no reactions, and you dont have to try and remember everyday to take it like the pill.. i would recommend it... obviously its like anything you have done and reacts differently to each individual.. but dont knock it till you try it.
    Don't get too happy about having no periods, my cousin had hers put in a few months before i had mine. she had no periods, pains or anything for 8 months (i think it was 8), and then she was on for 5 weeks straight and had to have 2 weeks off work because of the pain. So don't end up getting confident about having no periods like my cousin did, because it could come back and bite you!

The implant can be great if it suits you, but from most of the people i know, there's always a problem somewhere :/ I'm going to be so relieved to get back on the pill, it's so much easier to change if anything goes wrong. Not having to have all these checks and appointments to get this bloody thing taken out of my arm :@
    Last edited by GerryLeanne; 03-29-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I have the implant and get my period every 3 months, so although its not monthly I know when its coming and its so light that I barely notice it
    Yeah, with the implant I've gone from having a period every few months (like going 3 months without, having a very heavy one, going 6 months without, 3 months, 2 months etc) to having a very light one monthly. Still doesn't come on the same date but it is always in the later part of the month. That's a good thing.

Is there anything that GUARANTEES no periods though? Although they're very light, the cramps and back pain are still epic and.... tbh, I've never got used to it. It repulses me. Every time I'm on, my confidence drops and I seriously detest myself and my body and being female.

Anddd if you have side effects like mood changes and mood swings, how soon/late might they show up? I got the impant early December and for the past month or - closer to 2 - I've been a right unpredictable bitch... is it just me? I was thinking (and hoping to god it wasn't true) that depression was creeping back in thus making me more emotional but could it be the implant?
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

With the pill at least, doctors usually say to wait around 3-6 months for side effects to settle down. It could be the implant. It's a bit more awkward with that though, because you won't really know until you get it removed =/

And nothing guarantees no periods (except a hysterectomy or whatever). Which is intensely annoying, as I'd pretty much do anything to not have periods again.

Speaking of which, if I continue not being able to run packs of my pill together, looks like I'm gonna have to change again :| Ergh. I haven't had monthly periods for 5 years and I'm sure as hell not gonna start again now.

Thats weird about side effects cause mine get worse the longer i'm on the pill. i've tried 3 different ones. The one i'm on now seems to be alright, but i still get pains and a few months ago i ended up with something called an erosion (which isn't pretty) and the doctor said it was because i was on the pill, but this is the first time i've had it and i've been on the pill for like 4 years. so don't know if it was because of the balance of hormones in this one or what. from what i've heard about the implant i don't think i'd want that so that's why i'm considering the injection.

I was on the same pill for about 4.5 years before I finally decided to change. I'd been noticing side effects for about 2 years but the doctors kept telling me I was depressed/stressed/'of course it's not the pill after that long!'. Change pill, problems gone. Magic. 'cept now there are different problems. Haha.

I'd rather have the implant than injection - at least you can get it out if it sucks, with the injection you'd have to wait for it to wear off =/ The injection definitely freaks me out most.

injection is bad because if you have a bad reaction to it like weight gain, acne ect... you cannot remove it or stop taking it ..it is in your system .. i would really recommend not having the injection.
    least with the implant you can have it removed whenever you want..if you want and the pill you can just stop taking it.. but injection big no no for me..

but go with whatever suits you
    Current Piercings
    Ears x1
    Tounge
    Both Diagonal Nipples

Want
    VCH
    Navel Repierced
    Left Bottom Lip

Retired
    Navel
    Left Tragus
    Right Tragus
    Second Lobe

yeah, thats something I haven't thought of. maybe i should just stick to the pill by the sounds of things. lol

ive got to come off microgynon when im 30 and go on the mini pill cause im overweight, dreading it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMouse View Post
    yeah, thats something I haven't thought of. maybe i should just stick to the pill by the sounds of things. lol
    haha yeah ... if you are really not happy with the pill though go to see your nurse/doctor and ask them all about different contraceptives and there pro's n con's then they will prob give you few leaflets to go through

hope all this helps
    Current Piercings
    Ears x1
    Tounge
    Both Diagonal Nipples

Want
    VCH
    Navel Repierced
    Left Bottom Lip

Retired
    Navel
    Left Tragus
    Right Tragus
    Second Lobe

this is not a contraceptive question but a period one :P

does anyone get MASSIVELY overly tired right before and during periods?? I can barely wake up in the mornings and want to sleep all day if i could.. at first i thought it was my depression kicking in but i don't think so.. and it happens EVERYTIME i get my period.. gah...
    Dream things that never were, and say why not?

-Christine-
    www.meetashlyn.wordpress.com
    http://www.facebook.com/christine.ong87
    Have:

Piercings: 2 on each lobe, helix (left), 4 microdermals on chest
    Tattoo: tattoo of my whippet, Ashlyn on my forearm

Want:
    Piercings:
    microdermals (navel area and 1 more on chest), tragus, conch, daith, helix, nostril, stretched lobes

Tattoos: full back piece design that I've had for a while