Page 3 of 279 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Quote Originally Posted by gerry.harding View Post
    I have the implant, i love love love it. The useful side of it means i will not get pregnant for 3 years no matter what, and i'm one of the lucky ones who have no periods, moods or anything
    On the 'mod' side of it, the procedure was awesome: no anesthetic, she just rammed this sharp thing in the most sensitive part of my arm, now i feel i can get through any piercing haha. I get to play with it and move it about slightly under my skin, plus every few months it will travel about 6 inches up or down my arm, no pain but it keeps it interesting. It never fails to freak people out. Especially when you tell them to grab it from under your skin and tug it upwards, and then let out a huge yell as if it hurt and they jump out of their skin
    I say go for it, you wont regret it
    i hve the implant

They did exactly the same as me, I wanted to change to different pill as I wasn't getting on with the one I was on, then he found out I have migraines about 4-5 times a year. So he put me on the mini pill, it is the most horrible thing I have ever taken in my life! Probably the best contraception ever made tho, the thought of sex made me feel ill, I had periods ever couple of weeks which we're really heavy which I've never had in my life. I went and asked and if I could go back on the normal pill but he wouldn't allow it. I swear male doctors shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions as they don't understand, how ever much they read up about it and treat other woman they'll never understand that having a period ever other week aint fun and its weird not to have one at all. He then suggested the implant but I like my monthly period, I know some people aren't bothered but to me its a kinda comfort thing knowing I'm still working and there's a high chance I ain't preggers! He seemed to think not having a period for three years was fine and couldn't understand where I was coming from!

So now I've given up all together with all this weird hormonal stuff Condoms FTW haha
    I Have
    Left lobes 14mm, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Lobes 4m, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Tragus 1.2mm, Labret (Right) 1.6mm x 2, Inverse Vertical Labret 1.2mm, Septum 1.6mm, Left Nostril 1.2mm, Sternum Microdermal, Venoms 1.6mm

I Want
    Right Nostril, Right Anti Tragus, Left Surface Tragus, Left Vertical Scaffolding

I Had
    Left Helix 1.0mm

Blah at condoms, I'm screwed if my pill ever cocks up.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry.harding View Post
    I have the implant, i love love love it. The useful side of it means i will not get pregnant for 3 years no matter what, and i'm one of the lucky ones who have no periods, moods or anything
    On the 'mod' side of it, the procedure was awesome: no anesthetic, she just rammed this sharp thing in the most sensitive part of my arm, now i feel i can get through any piercing haha. I get to play with it and move it about slightly under my skin, plus every few months it will travel about 6 inches up or down my arm, no pain but it keeps it interesting. It never fails to freak people out. Especially when you tell them to grab it from under your skin and tug it upwards, and then let out a huge yell as if it hurt and they jump out of their skin
    I say go for it, you wont regret it

i do have to say, its hell trying to get the buggers out. i now have a fairly big scar on my arm from having it taken out because they do move and the skin grows around them.
    just keep this in mind if your thinking of getting it, i can even post pictures of how bad it is if you'd like. i would never get it again
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_danni View Post
    i do have to say, its hell trying to get the buggers out. i now have a fairly big scar on my arm from having it taken out because they do move and the skin grows around them.
    just keep this in mind if your thinking of getting it, i can even post pictures of how bad it is if you'd like. i would never get it again
    I'd like to see a piccy please, they told me the scar would me very minimal when they tried to talk me into it
    I Have
    Left lobes 14mm, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Lobes 4m, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Tragus 1.2mm, Labret (Right) 1.6mm x 2, Inverse Vertical Labret 1.2mm, Septum 1.6mm, Left Nostril 1.2mm, Sternum Microdermal, Venoms 1.6mm

I Want
    Right Nostril, Right Anti Tragus, Left Surface Tragus, Left Vertical Scaffolding

I Had
    Left Helix 1.0mm

im sure it can be minimal if it doesnt move around in your arm, but as everyone who i've talked to about it has said their bar has moved i dont see how it can be minimal.
    the scar is actually about a 1cm triangle

and just to show how my arm looked after getting it out. it hurt for ages

so yes its a nice easy option, until you want it out.
    *Danni*
    Current
    septum, 4mm
    Retired

Ouch I'm glad they didn't manage to talk me into it, are they butterfly stitches (or whatever they're called!)??? =O
    I Have

I Want

I Had
    Left Helix 1.0mm

yup butterfly stitches
    *Danni*
    Current
    septum, 4mm
    Retired

GerryLeanne

At the moment, the bottom end of mine is resting just underneath this tiny scar where it was put in. I got told from the start that it will move around at first but will settle after about 6 months, it's been 8 months now so hopefully it will stay where it is. If i push on the top half of it the bottom end sticks up to the surface underneath the scar, so hopefully *fingers crossed* it will stay there for the next 2 and a half years so it might come out quite easy *more fingers crossed*
    But tbh, i have scars where surface bars have been and from multiple navel piercing which have rejected etc, which don't bother me too much. If the implant serves it's purpose for 3 years then i don't really think a scar will bother me really.

I don't like the way the nurs described putting and taking out the implant.

'We'll just shove the implant into the most sensitive part of your arm *here* and then you'll have no periods'.

I just told you I wanted them..