Page 273 of 279 FirstFirst ... 173223263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2784

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

I've got a Mirena coil. My periods have always been very heavy, or lasting for sometimes weeks at a time, and I'd considered a hysterectomy several years ago as I couldn't keep bleeding like that. I got Anaemia and the doctor suggested the Mirena for me. I now don't even need a proper towel every month. It saves on the pennies too. It takes a few months to settle, as a rule. It took longer for me but the difference is unbelievable. You can have the coil for 7 years before replacing it. It can be a little uncomfortable to have fitted, (it was pain free for me, not sure how to feel about that lol), but it's done it's job. Hope that helps

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Jab due on the 21st of August.. will this be my last one?! Only time will tell!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I had the coil (not the copper one) and it was a bit of a nightmare, constant cramping, bleeding and yuk. It depends what you are wanting it for though, mine was to try and control PCOS. So it may be different for you! What would you like to know?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    I've got a Mirena coil. My periods have always been very heavy, or lasting for sometimes weeks at a time, and I'd considered a hysterectomy several years ago as I couldn't keep bleeding like that. I got Anaemia and the doctor suggested the Mirena for me. I now don't even need a proper towel every month. It saves on the pennies too. It takes a few months to settle, as a rule. It took longer for me but the difference is unbelievable. You can have the coil for 7 years before replacing it. It can be a little uncomfortable to have fitted, (it was pain free for me, not sure how to feel about that lol), but it's done it's job. Hope that helps
    I'm always happy when I read about someone having a good IUD insertion!!

I'm lucky, I don't have proper periods on the implant (I got spotting) or injection (they stop).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Jab due on the 21st of August.. will this be my last one?! Only time will tell!
    *flail!!*

You've reminded me, I need to work out when my next one is due!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'm always happy when I read about someone having a good IUD insertion!!

I'm lucky, I don't have proper periods on the implant (I got spotting) or injection (they stop).

Hazel, it changed things for me big time. I couldn't go out of the house, I was spending a fortune on tampons, etc, and when I got anaemic, I was really upset. I know some women have problems with it but it's stopped a lot from having to have a hysterectomy because that was the only real option a few years ago. Fingers crossed it stops this way for me, it's help tremendously

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    Hazel, it changed things for me big time. I couldn't go out of the house, I was spending a fortune on tampons, etc, and when I got anaemic, I was really upset. I know some women have problems with it but it's stopped a lot from having to have a hysterectomy because that was the only real option a few years ago. Fingers crossed it stops this way for me, it's help tremendously
    Tbh people have problems with all kinds of contraception. You have to do what's right for you.

I used to suffer horrifically when I was younger, I was extremely lucky that having a baby calmed things down a bit, at least to the point where I wasn't passing out or having to take very strong painkillers and sleeping tablets, miss work etc. I'm already anaemic so it wrecked me. I really do not miss periods lol!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Help!

So uh... Has anyone ever used Monistat? And uh... Is it supposed to burn like the fiery gates of hell?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Help!

So uh... Has anyone ever used Monistat? And uh... Is it supposed to burn like the fiery gates of hell?
    Side Effects

Burning, stinging, swelling, irritation, redness, pimple-like bumps, tenderness, or flaking of the treated skin may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
    If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
    Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: blistering, oozing, open sores.
    A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash,itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

Yeah I had seen that one... I was just worried cuz everything said "slight burning may occur" and this is like someone impaled me on a stake, poured kerosene on it, and then blew it up with TNT.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

In that case I'd class it as severe and seek medical advice.

Is there a reason you're not using Clotrimazole? It's usually tolerated a lot more.