Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    I want to keep it, but in this town with no support once I have to stop work, its pretty well impossible. I won't be able to afford it. I'm going to give it a week to see if he stops freaking out and see how he feels then. I've already told him I want to keep it. He seems to be very caught up on what everyone else will think. He's 36 and I'm 22, he works for my dad, and his whole life is pretty much on the line now.
    We'd spoken about the chances of me falling pregnant before, and only recently he said we could talk about actually having a baby, that's why I thought he'd be at least ok with it. Apparently he hadn't thought it through all that well.
    Oh, we both also work at the only hospital in town, so no matter what, whether I keep it or not, everyone is going to know.
    So despite neither of you actually agreeing to have a baby and knowing you can't afford it you risked it anyway? I find that odd but I do hope it works out for you. I also wouldn't see someone saying they'd talk about having a child as full agreement to have one :/ That said he knew what he was doing having unprotected sex as well!! does the hospital you work at not have a confidentiality policy?! Must be awkward for you both :( I don't mean. That to sound critical in any way just concerned more than anything!

Sarah I assume an std test is a vaginal swab then?
    Last edited by Boo; 05-21-2014 at 02:44 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah I guess that's what it is. Not as deep as a smear because they're not interested in your cervix, but for me, waaaay more painful. It was so traumatic I made a really bad, embarrassing joke that didn't go down too well :/
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I know it all sounds really obvious and stupid in hindsight, and I know I should have known better.
    I've decided not to keep it, and I'll be getting back onto birth control. As much as I want this baby it's not the right time, place or situation, and it would be cruel to bring a child into the world without a father present and a substandard environment. I want to have kids with a man who actually wants a baby, planned when we're both decided and ready, not just because we were stupid and careless.
    I've decided to get a tattoo as a reminder of my mistake of leaving it to chance, and as a memorial for the child that will never be born because of my own naivety.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Aww Sarah that's must have been horrid hun :(

Firedrake I hope you're well supported throughout your decision. Am here if you ever want to chat.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel xx
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post

Sorry this bit may be tmi.......

What do STI checks involve? I know I was tested at the same time as a smear for chlamydia and that involved her going a bit deeper (ie poking slightly into the cervix than just brushing it), that wasn't pleasant but it may also have been for another reason as she was bothered by the "look" of my cervix.
    We used to be able to do chlamydia tests in clubs used to get nurses in the toilets! They'd give you a swab and a bottle then you'd go off and poke it up there wiggle it around a bit, pop it in the pot then carry on dancing!
    Ones done by people are a bit different, they'd ask a thousand questions, you'd spread your legs and they'd look for obvious things then pop in that plastic things and sweep the sides. It's just a weird feeling not painful. I was more bothered by the blood test that follows! Thought of that makes me feel sick

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    We used to be able to do chlamydia tests in clubs used to get nurses in the toilets! They'd give you a swab and a bottle then you'd go off and poke it up there wiggle it around a bit, pop it in the pot then carry on dancing!
    Ones done by people are a bit different, they'd ask a thousand questions, you'd spread your legs and they'd look for obvious things then pop in that plastic things and sweep the sides. It's just a weird feeling not painful. I was more bothered by the blood test that follows! Thought of that makes me feel sick

We used to get them handed out at college (in one of the entrance ways). used to get free sperm keyrings and pants saying 'Have You Got It', etc.. Was also always an interesting one when someone would walk in late to a class on one of these days and when asked why they were late, would give the oh so honest answer of 'I was just doing a chlamydia test'. Oh, how I miss the crude, tactless, shock value of college that makes me wince today (not that I would ever announce that to a class; just saying, some people did).
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post

We used to get them handed out at college (in one of the entrance ways). used to get free sperm keyrings and pants saying 'Have You Got It', etc.. Was also always an interesting one when someone would walk in late to a class on one of these days and when asked why they were late, would give the oh so honest answer of 'I was just doing a chlamydia test'. Oh, how I miss the crude, tactless, shock value of college that makes me wince today (not that I would ever announce that to a class; just saying, some people did).
    Is it bad that I want a sperm keyring?
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post

Aha we got the sperm key rings too! They were glow in the dark we also another keyring that was big enough to hold a condom inside...

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Aha we got the sperm key rings too! They were glow in the dark we also another keyring that was big enough to hold a condom inside...
    Aww now I want one even more!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.