Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

I've ran 2 packs of Microgynon together for the first time and I must say, I've not had any breakthrough bleeding. I'm quite happy about this because the past few weeks have been those sorts of days where you just don't want a period - however I'm waiting for one hell of a period when I take the break at the end of this pack.. :(

I've settled down on Microgynon finally, I don't get crazy upset, hungry or loss of sex drive any more. Although, I think I've been too busy to even realise lately lmao!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Well I've been off the pill for about 3 weeks now....sex drive seems quite boosted tbh (sorry if tmi) appetite seems to also have calmed a bit but not noticing anything significant, then again I was on it solid for 7 years, might take a while to see any changes. Just wanted to give my body a rest from chemicals.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Flo[ProActiv] View Post
    That's really annoying.

I got my prescrpition at the end of January. I did have a bit of a prblem getting it - I went to me normal pharmacy, and they said that they hadn't got it, and hadn't for a couple of months. Managed to find it at another pharmacy in the end.
    Well, I found a pharmacy that had it in stock but only 3 months! Hopefully the company sorts itself out in 3 months when I need another lot :|

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Well, I found a pharmacy that had it in stock but only 3 months! Hopefully the company sorts itself out in 3 months when I need another lot :|
    Fingers crossed. I gues three months is better than nothing.

Maybe mention it to the nurse when you go back for another presciption - it seems strange that they're still prescribing it when there have been problems for months...
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

I wonder if the pill shortage has anything to do with the pill I'm on, Mercilon. I had a tough time finding it last month when I just went on it, and only found some in the 4th pharmacy I went into (5th if you count another one a pharmacist kindly phoned for me). And at that I got an I.O.U for another strip cause they were short!

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by lauren1987 View Post
    I wonder if the pill shortage has anything to do with the pill I'm on, Mercilon. I had a tough time finding it last month when I just went on it, and only found some in the 4th pharmacy I went into (5th if you count another one a pharmacist kindly phoned for me). And at that I got an I.O.U for another strip cause they were short!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-2189235.html

Yep, same company!

I know Flo, when I phoned the doctors earlier to ask if I should see the nurse or doctor about it, they seemed really surprised. The woman on reception was lovely though, she phoned around the local pharmacies to find some for me.

I got really lucky, the second pharmacy I went to had a year's supply, so I'm sorted til next January now. Just hope they've sorted the problems by than, I really wouldn't want to switch.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Pain in the arse. I'm due to pick up some more in a few weeks, and I really hope I can get some because this one suits me

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Many brands of pill are infact exactly the same drug under a different name. If you can't find the specific one you're on, your doctor might be able to prescribe one of the identical ones... Some of them are also much cheaper than others, so it's worthwhile for GPs to keep track of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    Many brands of pill are infact exactly the same drug under a different name. If you can't find the specific one you're on, your doctor might be able to prescribe one of the identical ones... Some of them are also much cheaper than others, so it's worthwhile for GPs to keep track of these things.
    Yeah, the pharmacist in Boots said there's definitely a generic version of Marvelon so I'll ask for that when I go back for another prescription in a couple of months (assuming I like this pill!) just in case there are still difficulties with getting hold of it.