Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

So, finished my first pack of pills today. Time to see what the new and hopefully improved period is like over the next few days. Fingers crossed for easy and light

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Well, went to the docs this morning, and he's changed me to a different pill (Marvelon) and booked me in for a smear test on Monday, just in case it's something other than the pill causing my bleeding. Lovely! Hopefully I get on with this new pill. I loved Yasmin until a couple of months ago, gutted that I started to have problems. He wanted to put me on a triphasic pill at first but I asked to try one more monophasic pill before giving up on them, because I like the flexibility of being able to skip periods (you can with triphasic pills, but not as easily) and definitely don't want to be on for my holiday in May or my exam in June, heh. Or perhaps I'll try the mini-pill/implant if this pill doesn't work, I dunno.

The doctor was really nice though, pity he was only a locum or I'd request to see him every time.
    I've got on really well with marvelon. I've been on it for a year, and only had a breakthrough bleed once [and that was after 2.5 packs]
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I got the depro injection yesterday, so far so good
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I'm thinking of switching to the coil. I've been on the pill since I was 16 (23 now) and I want to get all the chemicals out of my body. I want to go for a more 'natural' life. Never had particularly bad periods.

Does anyone have any advice or anything? Also, can you use a menstrual cup with the IUD?
    Last edited by Tabbyx; 04-13-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    call me:Tabby, Tab, Tabby-cat...Whatever you like!
    Current Piercings :
    First Holes 1.2mm | Second Holes 1mm | 1.2mm Helix | 1mm Nostril
    Piercing Wish List: Tongue, conch, nipple (x2), VCH
    Tattoos : Hidden pentacle on right hip and Zabi with flower on my left foot

tabby check out livejournal there is a whole section on use of cups with coils, but generally yes it can be done but not for the first 6 weeks and the strings need to be cut off
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    tabby check out livejournal there is a whole section on use of cups with coils, but generally yes it can be done but not for the first 6 weeks and the strings need to be cut off
    You can't just cut the strings off. They won't be insanely long, but they need to be long enough that you can easily feel them coming out of your cervix.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

rjs

I use a cup and I haven't had the strings trimmed, and it's been fine. Pretty sure I would have used it in the first six weeks as well - I can't think why you shouldn't. Certainly none of the docs suggested anything along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo[ProActiv] View Post
    I've got on really well with marvelon. I've been on it for a year, and only had a breakthrough bleed once [and that was after 2.5 packs]
    When was the last time you picked up a prescription of it? I've been to a number of pharmacies and none of them have had a delivery since before Christmas! People on the MSE forums are also saying they've had to change pills or come off the pill entirely, still can't get it. The company released a statement back in January saying they don't know when it will be available, and it looks like it's still not. The guy in Boots said there's a generic version but I'd have to go back to my doctors and get another prescription. So pissed off =/ I only have a week and a bit of Yasmin left and it's going to be near impossible getting an appointment at my GP with all these Bank Holidays. Wish I could just get one of the docs at work to do it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    When was the last time you picked up a prescription of it? I've been to a number of pharmacies and none of them have had a delivery since before Christmas! People on the MSE forums are also saying they've had to change pills or come off the pill entirely, still can't get it. The company released a statement back in January saying they don't know when it will be available, and it looks like it's still not. The guy in Boots said there's a generic version but I'd have to go back to my doctors and get another prescription. So pissed off =/ I only have a week and a bit of Yasmin left and it's going to be near impossible getting an appointment at my GP with all these Bank Holidays. Wish I could just get one of the docs at work to do it, haha.
    That's really annoying.

I got my prescrpition at the end of January. I did have a bit of a prblem getting it - I went to me normal pharmacy, and they said that they hadn't got it, and hadn't for a couple of months. Managed to find it at another pharmacy in the end.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Scarred_pierced

Went to the doctors yesterday, had an appointment with the nurse, she's lovely, she was the one that originally suggested i run packs together, anyway i explained about the breakthrough bleeding I had for ages, she asked me if it's possible i have an std, nope, been with the same guy for ages and im pretty sure he hasnt cheated, and also asked if i was pregnant, took a test when i got home, all clear. I've got another 6 months prescription of yasmin, going to try only running two packs at a time together and see if it helps.
    Apparently yasmin isn't as good as pills like microgynon at stopping bleeding, it's not as strong so to speak, but I'm terrified of trying another pill in case of side effects, fingers crossed yasmin still works for me! The nurse did say that some people can be on yasmin for 2/3 years before it stops working for them.

Good luck with the new pill kate...if you do end up finding it!