Page 11 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

aww poor bf indeed!

Well i'm going to try and book to see a doctor sometime soon. I've had headaches nearly everyday since coming off the pill although that could be stress!

Hopefully whatever I take will work out for me, i'm just angry that i was on a potentially dangerous drug for 5 years and no one told me.....
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

People at work have been freaking me out no end about the pill.

I'm on Noriday and it's a mini pill that you just take continuously, and I NEVER have a period. I've actually come off it a few months ago and only got my first period since about 2 days ago.

They're going on about how I need to have regular breaks off of it or I'll die :s Why do people insert panic!?
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post

I'm on Noriday and it's a mini pill that you just take continuously, and I NEVER have a period. I've actually come off it a few months ago and only got my first period since about 2 days ago.

They're going on about how I need to have regular breaks off of it or I'll die :s Why do people insert panic!?
    I think a lot of people don't realise there's a difference between the mini pill and combined, haha. =/

I'm on the combined and take 3 packs in a row without a break and have done so since I started 4 years ago. I'm not the kind of person to just do something like that without research but people still freak out because they think it must be bad despite having no reasoning or evidence for it. I know that some doctors don't advise it but plenty are fine with it and http://www.noperiod.com/ is all about it, haha. If I ever come off the pill and have a normal cycle again it'll suck.

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

They whining about the fact I've been on it since I was 15, which makes this my 7th year. Ideally I'd have my tubes tied but they won't do it. FFS.

But the rant about being an adult capable of deciding if I ever want children is for a completely different thread haha
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Senior Member Loveliesbleeding_aja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Ok so here is my angry face:

I went to the local sexual health clinic for a repeat of the pill, i'm on microgynon 30 and was told that, despite having used it for 5 years i'm not allowed to have it.

Why? Because when I was younger I used to get migraines with Aura (visual disturbances) and apparently by taking a combined pill like Micro I have an increased risk of stroke - despite not having a migraine with Aura for about 8 years now.

So now they want to mess up my system and put me on cerzette (progesterone only) pill.

This means I am likely to bleed for several weeks in a row till things settle down
    only have a period every 4 months or so (if at all which means no regular way to ensure you're not pregnant)
    Possible weight gain
    Possible depression
    Possibly turn into a psycho bitch (if i'm not one already)

and I ammmmmm MAD!!!!! Not only because I'm being messed about at a time when I'm finally feeling really comfy in my own skin but also because i've changed doctor's 3 times since being on the pill and not once did they tell me that I could be in risk of stroke - despite knowing I had once suffered from migraine bad enough to be prescribed daily medication. They also randomly sprung the same thing on my sister last year...

Has it happened to anyone else? What are your experiences of Cerazette? Cookies and hugs please?
    Exact same problem with me, I was put on something called Micorgore or something like that, and well...when I had a period it felt like I was having someone rip me inside out. Stopped taking it and now I seem to be fine, but I hate it.

The doc said I should have the coil, but I dont want to take that as I have heard stories and such.

I also put on 2 stone with that pill I was on, just because it hates me. I am now slowly losing the weight thankgod, in three days I have lost 5 and a half pounds so it's coming off rather fast.
    Mods:
    lower lobes x1
    Tongue - x1 - 1.6mm (24/09/07.)
    Pinna x2 (right ear - 9/12/07)
    Scaffold - (left ear - 22/6/09)

Inks:
    Lower back - Two lillis with grandad in the middle (3/02/08)
    Left Arm - Cherry Blossom Vine - (1/03/08)
    Right Arm - Celtic Cross - (26/05/08)

I am an apiring cosplayer it's so much fun.
    I want more pericings and ink at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post

Like you have a real period when your on the combined anyway, haha poor assuming people.

The danger about not having a bleed (not a period - since the pill doesn't give you a period anyway) is that over time, tissue can build up and can lead to an increased risk of certain cancers. That's why I'm always happy to have a bleed, even though they're horribly heavy and painful. The risk is small, but it's still there, so I'd rather have peace of mind.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

Which is why it usually tells you to have 1-3 bleeds a year I believe?

that sucks so bad..have you tried going to a different clinic?

some doctors/nurses are like that.. im on it too and i went to one to get more and she thought i was too young for it and stuff and nearly refused to give me it =|

Quote Originally Posted by Amyy(: View Post
    that sucks so bad..have you tried going to a different clinic?

some doctors/nurses are like that.. im on it too and i went to one to get more and she thought i was too young for it and stuff and nearly refused to give me it =|
    Too young? How old are you?