Thread: Contraception, Conception, Pregnancy and more

Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_shedevil View Post
    Anyone in this thread have any experience with an IUS (mirena)?
    I have one...I'm really close to running late for work, so this is going to be short, but what would you like to know? I'll get back to you ASAP.
    Have:
    Lobes (gunned at a very young age)
    Forgotten gunned cart. piercing I retired after about a month...couldn't stand catching my
    hair in it anymore
    VCH
    Nipples-migrating...retired 1/11
    Wanting/Planning:
    Nipples back, ASAP. stupid rejection

Senior Member fear_the_shedevil's Avatar

Just wondering about the pros and cons...from what i've read it's more aimed at women who've had children but I like the idea of a longer term contraceptive. It contains the hormone that's in the pill i'm on at the moment, which is a plus. I'm not keen on the implant after all the bad things i've read about it and my best friend's experience with it.
    Jodie

I must be lucky! Exactly 1 month after I got off my pill, I got my period o.O!!

Current piercings:
    Navel, 2x lobe, VCH, Tragus, Anti-Helix Microdermal

Pluses- very effective, low maintenance (yearly check ups, and check the string once a month), low/no periods, no hormonal spikes and dips, teensy amounts of localized hormones rather than larger systemic amounts.

Minuses- extremely small risk of it trying to migrate into the uterine wall, it does have the progestin which some are unable to tolerate (I was fine), not the most pleasant to get placed-but the cervical biopsy I had was worse.

I have NOT had kids, so my placement was rougher than someone's who has had kids (the cervix needing to dilate). Would I do it again...in a heartbeat. I love not having to worry or take a pill every day, or debate with my doc that I had gotten the last shot on time, and I don't have to have a period again before my next (they kept misfiling when I'd had my last depo provera injection).

DH didn't care for the string at first, but now he says it's not a big deal, he doesn't notice it anymore.

If you think of any questions, send them my direction.
    Have:
    Lobes (gunned at a very young age)
    Forgotten gunned cart. piercing I retired after about a month...couldn't stand catching my
    hair in it anymore
    VCH
    Nipples-migrating...retired 1/11
    Wanting/Planning:
    Nipples back, ASAP. stupid rejection

I've got Mirena too and love it. I hate the idea of an implant, it creeps me out a bit that you can feel it in your arm but the coil is kind of hidden away. Very out of sight out of mind. I found the placement of it was fine, a bit crampy for a few days but tbh it was just as bad as period pains and considering I barely get periods these days because of it and if I do they're so light I don't feel them as much it's a definite improvement.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Got my implant out this morning.. Christ my arm's sore!
    She pulled out some fat and tissue when she removed it too which made poor nick (who was in holding my hand) go white as a sheet and nearly pass out / puke! Thankfully he was fine after a seat and some water xD
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I got an IUD (copper coil) put in yesterday. (As emergency contraception, oops, but I might keep it anyway now!)

The whole thing was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Having a speculum in and my legs as wide apart as possible for so long (about 25 mins) while the nurse was poking around in there wasn't particularly nice, but I wouldn't say it hurt. And, no extra hormones = win win!

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

I love how, I'm still taking the pill to help with period and so I wont have to start again if I get in another relationship/have a sexual partener,
    but it's made no difference to my periods and I'm not having sex
    -grumbles-
    Pierced;
    9mm Lobes, Second Lobes, Right Tragus, Left Helix, Right Nostril, Central Labret, Inverse Navel, Tongue, Left Conch.

2 Tattoos, a joker pinup on my leg and "into a beautiful manchester sunset" on my hip.
    Her tongues the ink and she write in a romantic slant

I'm still taking Cerazette, but I haven't slept with a guy in about a year now. Life without periods is just so much easier.

Had my smear today. Probably the quickest and least fussy yet - over and done in 5 mins, and most of that was chatting with the nurse

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    I'm still taking Cerazette, but I haven't slept with a guy in about a year now. Life without periods is just so much easier.

Had my smear today. Probably the quickest and least fussy yet - over and done in 5 mins, and most of that was chatting with the nurse
    see my periods where the same last month, but I only started it last month so I'm willing to give it time=]
    Pierced;
    9mm Lobes, Second Lobes, Right Tragus, Left Helix, Right Nostril, Central Labret, Inverse Navel, Tongue, Left Conch.

2 Tattoos, a joker pinup on my leg and "into a beautiful manchester sunset" on my hip.
    Her tongues the ink and she write in a romantic slant