Thread: What are you looking forward to?

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Nick was a really fussy pescatarian when we met but I'm a great believer in "you can't dislike it unless you've tried it" so we went through a while of me being like "well you have to at least try it, if you don't like it get a pizza from your freezer and have that instead" and he actually really enjoys almost everything he proclaimed to hate, including peppers which are now one of his favourite vegetables. I think olives are the only thing he still dislikes. He had an odd upbringing with food IMO though, he's never eaten meat, was never even offered it as a kid so now he doesn't want to try it incase it make him ill, and he's always eaten fish, but only tuna sandwiches and chip shop fish, but now he loves a massive range of fish that he'd never tried/been offered when he was younger.

EDIT: although he's a total cheese fiend and would more than happily eat it 3 times in one meal!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Meeting our potential new bunny on Saturday ^_^ Anxiety (for both of us) has gone into absolute overdrive at the thought of a home check but I'm pretty sure we can do anything if there's a bunny involved!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

^Going off that, I also agree with your outlook there. I used to say I didn't like things i'd never tried, now I will try things rather than dismissing them, it's normally just the cost issue that puts me off! I normally find a lot of it is the way food's presented to you-like give me a plain olive, and i'd eat it, but I wouldn't enjoy it. Put olives in Mediterranean bread, and I love them! I didn't have a choice in food growing up haha, I was given anything and everything.
    Coming from a family who LOVES cheese (literally, my mum would eat it all day every day), I really don't know where I get my dislike for it! I can eat it for one meal, but then I don't really want it again, cos I find it a bit sickly.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Yeah, it's deffo something I carried into adulthood, I've tried so much other people I know wouldn't touch and I've only ever really gone against it once, I will not try tripe but other than that I'm pretty open - I do tend to stick to what I like but I don't really dismiss things from the off if that makes sense?
    A lot of people seem to be a bit iffy with dairy so that might be it? Or just personal taste! Nick really enjoys sushi (in fact we both do) but if you so much as mention it in front of his parents they literally screw up their faces and make "yuck" noises like I'd expect from a young kid at work!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I guess I haven't been that experimental with food overall, but anything veggie i'd be willing to try really. After cooking tripe for the dogs, I don't think I would either, the smell is enough to put me off. Yeah, makes total sense.
    Could well be, I eat dairy but I don't love it. I just find it really odd, apparently so do other people. Literally the first thing they ask when I say I don't particularly like cheese is ''what do you eat?!'' Hmm, well different people. I know a lot of people react that way to offal, which I find quite surprising, but each to their own. I think people get a bit stuck on the 'ick' factor with food.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I'm looking forward to gain some muscles and eat more. Who is with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Yeah, it's deffo something I carried into adulthood, I've tried so much other people I know wouldn't touch and I've only ever really gone against it once, I will not try tripe but other than that I'm pretty open - I do tend to stick to what I like but I don't really dismiss things from the off if that makes sense?
    A lot of people seem to be a bit iffy with dairy so that might be it? Or just personal taste! Nick really enjoys sushi (in fact we both do) but if you so much as mention it in front of his parents they literally screw up their faces and make "yuck" noises like I'd expect from a young kid at work!
    I really like the veggie dishes at yo!sushi! (Yes I know it's not really sushi ) but when I asked my mum if we could go she was like yuck. Turns out she really likes the veggie dishes too! I think with sushi most people just think raw fish and nothing else.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I really like the veggie dishes at yo!sushi! (Yes I know it's not really sushi ) but when I asked my mum if we could go she was like yuck. Turns out she really likes the veggie dishes too! I think with sushi most people just think raw fish and nothing else.
    It is sushi though, all sushi has in common is the special rice. Doesn't matter what's with it. I love veggie sushi.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    It is sushi though, all sushi has in common is the special rice. Doesn't matter what's with it. I love veggie sushi.
    They have bits with no rice in though. I love the seaweed salad and those pumpkin things. So good! I really want to go to yo sushi now..

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    They have bits with no rice in though. I love the seaweed salad and those pumpkin things. So good! I really want to go to yo sushi now..
    Ah! Like fake sashimi

How cool!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<