Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: what job do you do?

im a plumbers apprentice, gradutating in june, and ive never had too many problems, although the only facial piercings i have other than my ears is both sides of my nose, and my tongue. its the tongue tht gets most people, it makes a few feel ill but its not detremental to my work so why should oit matter?! i cant have surface piercings incase i get them caught at work, same with huge loops although i dont really wear those anyway. ive gotta think in terms of hygene too...whats gonna get full of muck and what isnt etc. ive also got to look 'respectable' as im going into peoples houses and i need to look like im trustworthy, which for some reason isnt normally associated with heavily tatt'ed and pierced people. just keep them outta sight really.
    piercings:
    left and right lobe, 1.2
    left and right lobe 8mm
    tongue
    scaffold
    nose l & r
    nips l & r
    tattoo\'s
    tribal heart and \'kym\' on my right upper arm
    \'mon timetis messor\' on my left upper arm
    hand print on my left breast

i'm a trainee vet nurse....at uni but get sent out on work placements to various vets....i've only got ears pierced at the mo...most places ask me to take them all out or reduce them to 3 per ear but my last placement where i finished yesterday weren't fussed....apparently loads of nurses in the other branches have various piercings so....its not a case of the job more like where you are...some places much more relaxed then others!!!
    Metal - Septum, Left ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch, tragus Right ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch x2, rook

Ink - Both ankles, back and chest

xEmmax

I'm at uni, so it doesn't matter what piercings i get for now. Yay!

I'm sure there is some dumb "PC" title for it (like "Kitchen Porter" for "washer up bitch"), but I'm a waitress. Woo. I haven't been told anything about tattoos and piercings, but none of mine are visible and if they are they are ear piercings. I don't actually know if there is a company rule, but since a lot of customers are old people and once someone complained that you could see too much of one girl's underwear, I don't think they'd appreciate piercings :roll:
    Piercings: 3x 1.6mm lobe, 1x 4mm lobe, tongue, navel, VCH, auricle
    Tattoos: butterfly near bumcheek, triquetra on back
    Want: scaffold and possibly tongue venoms and to add to the butterfly tattoo.

http://myspace.com/the_inbetween

I work in woolworths and go to college

ive been at woolies for three years and have only ever once had someone complain about my ears. stuck up little slapper

most people love them and ask me loads of questions. its ok !
    Current: 32mm lobes , 8 mm septum , snakebites , 2.4mm vertical nipples , 1.6mm lobes (again...for my bling bling)

Ink: Loads thanks.

Retired (I grew up): Tragus to conch scaffold , tragus , eyebrow , 8mm lobes , 1.6mm lobes , tongue , bridge , guch , ampalang , scrotum , 4mm top ear , Upper lip web , tongue web , labret.

Projects: 10mm septum, 8mm nipples, SUB-DERMS !, more ink.

See how funny i look here : Myspace

I work weekends in Penneys (aka Prima(rk)) and the official standing is that there are no visible piercings.
    I've worked there for two years and I've never had any problems with my piercings (or pink hair), although I don't wear them all in anyway. Most customers are intruiged by my scaffold, but other than that I just get kids saying "that girl has a bit of metal in her lip!"

Funtastic!
    Current: Off centre lip, septum, nostril, tongue, nipple, conch to tragus scaffold, 4mm lobes, 2nd lobes, 1 tattoo, and a slap in the face.
    Retired: Labret, Eyebrow and hand web
    Wish List: Opposite side of lip, anti-eyebrow and another tattoo

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Im at uni so noone cares about my piercings.
    When i graduate i'll be working with dead peolpe so it's not like they can complain muhahahahaha
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

I wouldnt say I had anything visable more than most people, im currently stretching my ears, stopping at one 6mm, and then 4mm and 2.4mm in the other ear at the moment and ive got my septum pierced and am planning to get my lip pierced and an anti-eyebrow (just waiting till after my may exams). But it does still make a difference in terms of jobs.

I'm a student and I volunteer in Oxfam and im an officer in GB and GB are the worst, the other companies captains always 'have words' with my captain about her allowing me me to wear 'such ghastly jewllery'!

i Work for NTL:
    Installation/Fault Tech
    Company not keen on the piercings, I am so they stay in :lol:

I am 17 and still in full time education, but I have a weekend job at a horrible smelly old mans British Legion pub. I was getting looks, so i bought retainers for my 8mm stretch and labret and people seem to think its okay. Unfortunately, i have no way to hide my custom transverse lobe :roll: