Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

Nipple went crusty at work, knocked it and more blood than when I got it pierced 9 months ago. Lucky for me I wear a dark blue T-shirt for work
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Exactly, this is what killed my granddad, still makes me sad to this day that I never got to know him. He tried to get a doctor to listen but to no avail sadly.
    That is sad - I never knew my grandfather either, as he died of lung cancer several years before I was born (apparently he did chain smoke though, after picking up the habbit in the army as a young man).

It seems as if doctors have always been bad at picking things up. My favourite memorial is on a 18th century tombstone in the graveyard of a small Cornish church. It tells you everything you need to know: "Physician acted wrong".
    Last edited by julian; 03-13-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    That is said - I never knew my grandfather either, as he died of lung cancer several years before I was born (apparently he did chain smoke though, after picking up the habbit in the army as a young man).

It seems as if doctors have always been bad at picking things up. My favourite memorial is on a 18th century tombstone in the graveyard of a small Cornish church. It tells you everything you need to know: "Physician acted wrong".
    Aye I my dads parents passed before I was born too, my maternal granddad was in in such great shape but the DVT floored him when I was 18months old.

Same went with my dad, he tried 5 or more times to get his GP to listen to his problems, despite being over 60 and the problems he was having his GP started to fob him off to the nurse practitioner. It took him vomiting and collapsing in the GP car park for my uncle to pick him up and take him to hospital to have a emergency surgery that saved his life. Ok the cancer was probably growing for some time but a lot of unnecessary suffering could have been prevented and his treatment tailored properly. :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I am lucky to have a very good GP, but it seems there's so many who either don't care or don't really know what to do. My best friend was turned away by her gp and almost by a&e too until she insisted on a ct scan.... Which showed a 17cm lung mass. Sometimes they just don't want to know.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

[rant mode]

I suspect the problems with doctors and A&E/hospitals is only going to get worse, with the various "reforms" and cuts proposed by this government (and in all probability the next, too). Isn't it amazing that whilst we can afford a 11% increase for MPs, nurses etc must be satisfied with 1%.

The silly thing is that the head-in-the-sand ostrich approach of the NHS often ends up costing much much more than finding and treating diseases early - even if you ignore the sufffering caused.

[/rant mode]

Quote Originally Posted by polythene_girl View Post
    I am lucky to have a very good GP, but it seems there's so many who either don't care or don't really know what to do. My best friend was turned away by her gp and almost by a&e too until she insisted on a ct scan.... Which showed a 17cm lung mass. Sometimes they just don't want to know.
    Same, my last GP was amazing and the ones I've seen at this new surgery are wonderful. My dads was rubbish. My mum tried for a long time to get him to change GP's but he never did. He was a doddering old fool in a single GP practice, I hope he's retired by now.

Agree with you Julian, I am sure it would have cost the NHS less in time, money and resources if my dad had been referred from the start as is (supposed) standard practice now.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've been at work since 8am, I'm still at work. Everything has gone wrong today. The computers broke, the printers broke, the tills have broke. Everything possible has broke. I'm so fed up. I'm back in at 8am tomorrow. I want to go home.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

So after a 13hr day of chaos at work I'm about to leave and I get a message saying my mum is in the back of an ambulance with my nan. I just want to cry.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Spending 11 hours on trains in one day -_-

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    So after a 13hr day of chaos at work I'm about to leave and I get a message saying my mum is in the back of an ambulance with my nan. I just want to cry.
    I hope she's OK Alyssa :(
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers