Page 8 of 1152 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    As long as you can prove that it is your aunt that gives you sole financial support, you should be ok. Maybe you could get a letter from your mum stating that her and her partner don't support you financially?

First, you should contact Student Finance England, the contact info should be on the direct.gov website. Failing that, contact the student services department for your local council (wherever you pay council tax to).
    there was an advisor in college from finances of the local uni and he works with this type of thing and said that he didnt have a clue about the answer, the options on the finance website just dont follow with my situation at all, thats the bit nobody can answer any questions about

i got told to phone teesside university about it and speak to a financial advisor or something along those lines but i havent yet, really should tho

You need to speak to someone directly, because the tick-boxes don't explain your situation. Apparently if you're a first year student, Student Finance England will be dealing with your application. If you're a second year student, the council will be dealing with it. Not the university.

If your aunt is claiming child benefit for you, you might be able to make a good case. If your parents are claiming it, you might have a problem. You should keep hassling them until you get the answers you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    You need to speak to someone directly, because the tick-boxes don't explain your situation. Apparently if you're a first year student, Student Finance England will be dealing with your application. If you're a second year student, the council will be dealing with it. Not the university.

If your aunt is claiming child benefit for you, you might be able to make a good case. If your parents are claiming it, you might have a problem. You should keep hassling them until you get the answers you need.
    okay thanks for the advise

i know my aunt gets my family allowance if that helps, shes at the gym at the moment so i cant ask her (lucky so and so gets free gym)

My dad broke the news to me saying that I can't go for college 'cause of financial issue. So, I gotta get a job to try to support myself into college.

That sucks, but on the other hand:
    Working part time or getting an apprenticeship (if that's possible in your chosen field) usually looks good on your cv. Qualifications alone are meaningless unless you have some work experience

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

getting hit by a car
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

feeling sick, cuz of my drinking last night :(
    Current Piercings.

Left Ear= Lobes (8mm)
    Right Ear= Lobes (8mm)
    Others= Navel(2mm), Tongue(2.4mm), Left Nostril(1.6mm), Center Lip(1.6mm),Septum(4mm), VCH (2mm) Second Tongue (2mm)
    Getting Soon= Snakebites and more to comeeee!
    currently 2 Tattoos

Al <3

I was looking forward to going out with my Mum today for the first time in about 10 months, but she canceled on me. She then said we could do tomorrow, but then she canceled on me. This comes after her finding any and every excuse not to talk to me for longer than about 5 minutes on the phone ever since I've been at University.

I'm actually ridiculously upset and it's put a downer on my whole weekend. I've really been looking forward to spending time with her but I just know she doesn't want to spend time with me.
    Facial: Septum [10mm], labret [7mm], cheek x2 [1.6mm]
    Ears: Lobe x2 [32mm, 34mm], scaffold x2 [1.6mm], conch x2 [7mm, 1.6mm]
    Other: Tongue split! <3
    Tattoos: Robin and rose on each foot, photography chest piece.

One day: Inner labia x2, 2" lobe x2, 8mm conch x2, 12mm oval labret,
    6mm navel, more ink and a couple of other things.

Photography portfolio

http://iam.bmezine.com/?deadtomato
    http://deadtomato.deviantart.com

gandy

*huggles becky thight*

Kyle went home today :( It's been 5 hours and I miss him already. At least it's only a week before I get to see him again.
    Piercings
    6g x2 lobes
    20g x6 lob
    es
    Tragus right & cartilage left & belly button
    Nose stud left & snake bites & tongue

Ink
    Bottom of my neck
    Right calf
    Right forearm

Want
    Vertical hood