Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

*introduces rant to you can all become acquainted with it*

I've been in Halls ten days. And everyone is lovely and yeah. But one girl is causing major problems - and she is a really nice person but she's already been barred from a club in Manchester, she's brought back people she's only just met, we've lost her in Manchester, she took my glass out to Manchester and lost it, she got so drunk she kept us all up til 4/5am and proceeded to sleep in MY bed and got angry because I used her duvet on another housemates floor. She necked neat vodka. Like about 1/4 of a bottle. Then last night she was smoking in the kitchen and using everyones glasses without asking. Including putting a cigarette out in someone elses glass. That's just vile. I then wake up to an apocalyptic kitchen - i am deadly serious when i say that there were bottles EVERYWHERE and beer on the table, crushed biscuits on the floor and she was asleep on the sofa like it was completely normal. She doesn't clean up - like she left a half eaten cheeseburger on the kitchen table for 6 hours before another housemate cleaned it up because it was rank. She disappeared when her shopping was being delivered so we all had to put it away for her - she comes back halfway through this, doesn't say thanks and proceeds to shout at us for putting stuff away wrong. She also tries to mooch food out of us all which is annoying as hell. I had to virtually carry her back from town the other day, she got that drunk.

I swear she's got a problem with alcohol, I have NEVER seen anyone drink so much so consistently - and apparently she took coke last night which is just terrifying. I have no idea what to do and I called my parents asking for advice and they said to talk to her - we have and she doesn't listen. Then they said report her to reception - i don't want it to come to that as she is really nice, but she's just taking the piss. She was playing Madonna full blast at 4am the other day and security had to turn it down. I know it was freshers and stuff and she's homesick and I think that might have been why but i cannot live with this for a year. She's made the whole atmosphere awkward and one housemate wont speak to her now.

I don't know what to do and it's depressing - if she wasn't here we'd have an ace time. Sigh.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

^I already wouldn't be doing half of what you're doing. She sounds like a spoilt little girl, who needs a reality check. You all 'had to' put her shopping away? Why? I'd have let it be delivered and left, I know it's not pleasant seeing things piling up anywhere, but she's a responsible adult, or at least masquerading to be one, it's her priority, no-one elses. She wants shopping, she'll get it. Definitely draw the line, firmly. Sorry, I don't really do doormat behaviour, and that's exactly what she's expecting. Don't be afraid to report her to reception though, at the end of the day if she carries on being disrespectful, if any damage occurs in halls, they can charge all of you for it, and trust me, no-one wants that bill.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Obviously I'm not in your situation but I really wouldn't be as nice about it as you are. I agree with Soph that she seems like a spoiled little girl who needs to grow up and realise that she can't do whatever she wants and have everything taken care of for her. I also know this is easier said than done - we've also had two flatmates from hell this year, and had a really tough time dealing with it. I can understand what you say about it being fresher's and she's homesick and whatnot, but I really think that you all need to have a chat with her (sooner rather than later) and tell her that what she is doing is just not on. Good luck, and I hope you get things sorted out. Sending virtual hugs and good vibes!
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

well we got it delivered at the same time and she was supposed to be gone for a day so we decided to be nice and put it away because there was stuff that was frozen or would go bad. I've taken to leaving her stuff and refusing to clean it - and encouraging the others to do the same because she has to learn.

I guess I'm just too nice =/ I don't do confrontation but there is a point where it's just unacceptable. I'm hoping she's gonna calm down now but idk.

She's making me homesick =/ genuinely. I wouldn't miss home half as much if I wasn't living with this.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    ^I already wouldn't be doing half of what you're doing. She sounds like a spoilt little girl, who needs a reality check. You all 'had to' put her shopping away? Why? I'd have let it be delivered and left, I know it's not pleasant seeing things piling up anywhere, but she's a responsible adult, or at least masquerading to be one, it's her priority, no-one elses. She wants shopping, she'll get it. Definitely draw the line, firmly. Sorry, I don't really do doormat behaviour, and that's exactly what she's expecting. Don't be afraid to report her to reception though, at the end of the day if she carries on being disrespectful, if any damage occurs in halls, they can charge all of you for it, and trust me, no-one wants that bill.
    This.

The longer you all mollycoddle her the more she'll do this.

It sounds like she does have a genuine drink problem and if she's taking drugs as well then these are both things she needs help with before one of you is finding her and needing to ring an ambulance. If you don't like the idea of "reporting" her as such then see it more as informing senior staff as to your concerns and add in all the irresponsible stuff she's doing as an aside to it all. She sounds like she needs help but won't even look to her problems when people are doing stuff for her and not confronting her.

Keep a diary of what she's doing and leave it with whoever you need to report it to and explain that no one else is behaving in that manner and anything happens is very likely to be her fault due to previous examples. This could all avoid you either fines/warnings/evictions.

I'd carry on as you are now, don't do anything for her, if her shopping turns up and she's out again then just shove it in front of her door or in her room, same goes for any mess that's left longer than is acceptable just hand it to her, put it in or outside her room. She'll soon start getting pi**ed off when she's tripping over it or at the very least it will be out of your way.

Mark your stuff clearly and if she uses it tell her to stop using it and to use her own things.

I know no one wants to be the bad guy but you need to nip things like that in the bud very fast or they can become very problematic very quickly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

ta guys =/

I'm a fan of the idea of keeping a diary actually - and I think the other guys would like that too, as we're all pretty annoyed. I think we need to speak to her, as a house, before we go any further because, at first it was funny, and now it's just... beyond anything. I'll probably pitch my ideas to people tomorrow and see what they think - I reckon she'd take 5 against one more seriously than 5 one on ones tbh. But if I get fined for the smoking/walls being knackered I'm gonna refuse to pay - though, in her defence, she did report it to maintence and took all the blame.

It's just upsetting because she's genuinely a really nice girl, and we get on really well, but I just don't think I like living with her very much which is a genuine shame. If she was 'tamer' (and I had an argument with my shower at 3.35 this morning... so I can't really talk) and more considerate I would probably enjoy living here.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Just feeling like utter crap.
    Last edited by PurrfectBlank; 09-26-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Train on the way to uni - cancelled.
    Train on the way back from uni - diverted to another town because another train broke down on the main line.
    Public transport has not been my friend lately.
    Hi, I'm Carly (:

Have:
    Lobes 5mm
    Navel
    Central labret
    L Helix
    R Conch

Keelah se'lai.

Is this flu? Ugh. Slept for nearly 20 hours today and even walking up the stairs makes my legs hurt.

I have a lab on tomorrow so I'm going to have to man up and go in anyway. Maybe I'll bring in a thermos of hot blackcurrant in.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

My housemate is holding a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament with a load of his mates in our kitchen, I come down to get my washing from the machine... only to drop my more risque pair on the floor for them all to see. I only noticed after I left the kitchen, CRINGE!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.