Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

There's an internal job vacancy at work that I think I'd be really good at. But it would involve a week of training in Bournemouth. The training is happening whilst I'm holiday, so I wouldn't be able to do it.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Encountered a dodgy piercer when looking around for a shop after finding out the other (better) one wasn't available for piercings until Friday. Asked him how much it would be for a rook and a helix and he started saying how it would be 25 for a rook with a needle and he would use a gun on the other and when I confronted him and asked if I could get a needle for the helix as well he said he was doing it for 30 years and you can pierce anywhere along here (as he started pulling the areas on my ear) with a gun with no problems. Left immediately, wont be going back. Think I would rather wait until Friday.
    Last edited by I-Think-Therefore-I-Am; 08-18-2016 at 10:07 AM.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    double lobe 20g/16g, helix 16g, double auricle 16g, rook 16g.
    Right ear - double lobe 20g/16g, conch 16g, helix 16g, anti-tragus 16g.
    Naval 14g

Retired: Rook 16g (R), Helix 16g (L), outer conch 16g (R), conch 16g (R).

My DeviantArt

What the hell?
    It's already bad enough that he is using a gun. But why comment on where you "could" (in his eyes) pierce an ear with a gun "without problems". If you rather want a needle he should have just gotten a needle for it. It's your decision with what you want to get pierced, no matter if a gun "would be fine" (which as we all know isn't XD).
    Good that you went out of there. Not only a bad piercer for doing helixes (helices?) with a gun but also sounds like a complete asshole. I sometimes wonder how shops with that kind of people can still exist..
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

I don't even see how he gets any business acting like that. He even mentioned that Claire's pierces it all with a gun, as if that makes it all okay. If he's basing his 30 years experience on using Claire's of all places as his back up response to someone questioning something then I dread to think how many people have ended up with botched helices from him.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    double lobe 20g/16g, helix 16g, double auricle 16g, rook 16g.
    Right ear - double lobe 20g/16g, conch 16g, helix 16g, anti-tragus 16g.
    Naval 14g

Retired: Rook 16g (R), Helix 16g (L), outer conch 16g (R), conch 16g (R).

My DeviantArt

Having to retire my medusa piercing, damn thing gave me no end of issues. :'(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I work at a daycare, and within the first half hour of being here, one of the kids pooped his pants. That was definitely the worst part of my day! 💩💩

I missed eating some cakes for a charity event because a 1 day old tablet got stolen :(
    Current:
    - Left lobe x 2 - Left Outer Helix recent 1.2mm needle - Right Outer Helix recent 1.2mm needle
    - One tattoo on right shoulder/upper arm

Retired:
    - Left Outer Helix x 2 - Right Outer Helix x 2 - Nose - Nose (2nd time) - Left nipple - Chest surface - Left index finger (Accident with a stapler)

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

My uncle had a massive heart attack. My mum and aunt are at the hospital with him and updating when they can, but it doesn't sound promising. My cousin (his daughter) is in uni down in London and he's up here so I can only imagine how she's feeling at the moment.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    My uncle had a massive heart attack. My mum and aunt are at the hospital with him and updating when they can, but it doesn't sound promising. My cousin (his daughter) is in uni down in London and he's up here so I can only imagine how she's feeling at the moment.
    I'm so sorry to hear this hun :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this hun :(

Thank you sweets, they've turned his pacemaker off so it's up to him now.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!