Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    ...get a new piercing?
    A good idea, but I'm pretty much done with piercings now I think. Haven't felt the need to get one in a long time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Depends on what you like, there's a load of lovely restaurants, fair bit of shopping.. When are you going over?
    We're going 10th Nov for 2 nights. We like eating, some museums etc. Would be good if there was some comedy or something to replace the show we were meant to see

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    My sister was about to sell our tickets as she couldn't make it, so in a way I guess it worked out but I'm so sad about Bob :'(
    It is sad, I only found out after checking in for the flights, so it was either go or throw the money for the flights away.

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

my girlfriend dropped my iPhone and the screen shattered completely *sob* the ONLY upside is that I was thinking about asking for an upgrade as my christmas present :(

also that the concert we went to last night started 30 mins late with no explanation, resulting in the set list being cut down
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Took a fall whilst ice skating. I have figure skates and I tripped over the toe-pick, went flying across the ice and landed on my left knee.

My left knee is swollen and scraped, my right knee is scraped and I cut my leg when I fell with my blade, so my leg is cut and bruised.
    I must have twisted my back when I fell because it's very sore.

Not good! :(
    Hello, I'm Meg

Current:
    2 x lobe (R&L) / daith (L) / septum / helix (L) /

Retired
    daith (R) / rook (R) / 2 x helix (L) / outer conch (R)

"laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" - walt disney

Finding out I'm really under-appreciated at work. I feel like packing it in, I don't make much there and even less now that they're giving my work to other people. I've had to send an email begging them for more work. It's a bit frustrating as one of the team complains a lot that she's so busy and rushed off her feet as she has another job when I'm sat there so much of the time, available and with nothing to do. Meh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Today a lady stole a bra from where I work and I didn't realise until afterwards as she was walking away and there was nothing I could do apart from tell business protection by which time she had left the store. I'm so annoyed at myself that I didn't catch onto it earlier! I think I trust customers too much.
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Last night I lost my purse in a taxi. The purse had my money, credit and debit card, ID and student card in it. I've tried to leave a message at the taxi company's lost and found but no one has got back to me. Now I have no money or any way of getting money. I've literally ruined everything in one stupid action, and I despise myself.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Phone the bank, order a new card and there should also be an option of them authorising "emergency money" so you can withdraw some without your card. You'll just need some form of ID.

In a couple of weeks this won't even matter :-)

I know it's not easy, but the way I try and look at things is this....If it won't have a lasting effect on me 6-9 months down the line, then it isn't something worth getting upset over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole90 View Post
    Phone the bank, order a new card and there should also be an option of them authorising "emergency money" so you can withdraw some without your card. You'll just need some form of ID.

In a couple of weeks this won't even matter :-)

I know it's not easy, but the way I try and look at things is this....If it won't have a lasting effect on me 6-9 months down the line, then it isn't something worth getting upset over.
    Thanks, I've had both my cards cancelled and new ones are being sent. I don't have any ID at the moment but I'm arranging to get a new provisional. I should be fine for money until I get my cards because I don't need to buy any food or drink and some family members are sending me money. Then I'll buy a new university card. Thank you, I'm just really angry at myself because it was such a stupid thing to do and it ruined my night. If I'd have just gone home from the society thing I'd been at, rather than getting a friend to come to a club with me (which we ended up not even going to because I couldn't get in without ID), none of this mess would have even happened. :/
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Trust me I've been there. I've lost pairs of glasses on two separate occasions because I decided it was a great idea to carry on the party and also once lost my cash card the same way.

I lost one pair of glasses in the final year of my undergrad, when a week later I had a major deadline due for a piece of work I hadn't really started.....To put it in context, without my glasses I can't even read billboards.

Until then, savour this as a time where you are involuntarily saving money :-)

Yeah, I'll definitely save money for a while, haha. And I don't have to go on the night out tomorrow that I didn't want to go on now because I can't get in without ID. Sucks that I can't go out to my favourite club night on Saturday, but that's my own fault. Probably better to not drink for a while, anyway. Next time, I'll make sure to leave both or at least one of my cards at home.