Thread: Worst thing that happened to you today?

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    What was the error message - and what destination did you decide on (Amazon, Google etc)? I've been using Amazon S3 for years now, and it is quite reasonably priced - if I was starting now, I'd probably switch to Google or Amazon Glacier.
    I didn't see the message well because Windows slapped its own error message on top of it, the one that says "Windows tried to find a solution but couldn't" I selected Google Drive, but now that you mention money, I selected the free trial for now. Maybe that was the problem for some reason?
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

So my friend said I could crash on her couch for a few days.

turns out that means a sleeping bag on the hardwood floor under the rabbit cage. I'm also right by the front door and apparently their roommate, who tends to come home at 3 am, doesn't know I'm here. Awesome
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

oh so you know how i've been renting from probably the worst student housing company in the world? (seriously they have a 1.1 star review on google)
    and you know how we've had no end of problems like;
    shower leaking - to the point where the ceiling looked like it was gonna collapse
    electricity shorting mid winter which wasn't considered an emergency despite there being NO electric in bedrooms
    investigation of a leak in my room leading to the floor being ripped up in July and STILL (a year later) waiting on a proper repair
    broken headboard in my room
    having no central heating in my room - all winter
    having no locking backdoor which wasn't considered an emergency leading to me having panic attacks every night for a month while we waited on a repair
    having nuisance neighbours with no advice on how to deal with them
    having broken sofas, kitchen chairs, and dining table which haven't been fixed despite being broken since we moved
    having a slug infestation with no proper advice on how to deal with it

today was my move out day which should be a time of great celebration.
    I decided to do a load of washing before I left because I'd been there a few days and was running out of clean clothes.
    Washing machine broke and shorted all the power *again* and they won't try and fix the washing machine because they're not sure if its under warranty.
    So I have a load of washing locked in a washing machine in Salford when all I want to do is forget about the last year and focus on moving into a beautiful new flat in Manchester (yay!!!) with my girlfriend

I swear down it's been one thing after another all year and this is just the icing on the f**king cake :'(
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Most washing machines have an emergency release somewhere to allow you to open the door without power (obviously not a good idea if the drum is still full of water ). I know our one does (hidden behind the panel for the filter).

I assume you will be leaving another glowing recommendation for this rental company? They sound absolutely terrible (and I thought our student landlady was bad).
    Last edited by julian; 06-29-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors ;)

they wouldn't even touch it because they didnt know if it was under warranty and 'didnt want to have to pay for a new machine' :'( like i'm assuming it does but the fact their idea of help was to come, look at it, and basically offer us nothing - they didnt even leave an extension cable so we had some sort of electricity.

Oh of course I can't see why anyone would do anything other than rent from them! Especially as this is a video from a different house they rent. Like, we never had anything *that* bad but we still had numerous things that made our house virtually unliveable. I expect that student housing isn't going to be amazing but I feel completely ripped off. My rent was way too high for what we were living in and the amount of problems we've had that had no real fix is ridiculous.

ugh, i'm still half tempted to report them to the council or something, it's not going to get my money back *sadly* but it might just help someone else.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

From what you've mentioned, I would definitely report them - at the very least it sounds as if the electricity installation has significant problems.

The video is amazing - we once had a leak like that, but it was caused by a pinhole developing in the water tank inlet valve (and spraying water out over the loft). Once a plumber came and fixed it, the leak stopped. It seems incredible that they can't even manage to fix what should surely be a simple problem.

I think I will - like they seem to have completely taken me and others for advantage. There is a serious problem with the plumbing, like for about a month there was a near constant smell of raw sewage. Which they did nothing about.

Oh it really is! Like we'd have a fairly simple problem (bathroom door lock broke for example) and they'd do everything to avoid a proper repair. To the extent that rather than replacing the lock they simply took the door handle off. Last week I had to kick down the bathroom door after someone got locked in it because of the inadequate 'repairs'.
    We had a VERY serious shower leak (to the point where I was having a panic attack before having a shower as I was so scared the ceiling would collapse) and their solution *after ripping up the floor in my room to check the pipes* was to paint the ceiling with anti mould paint.
    seriously.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

So, phase 2 of the neighbours from hell.

I bought some new plants for the garden yesterday because all of last years plants were looking a bit meh, so I spent all yesterday afternoon planting them etc. Went outside earlier to find next door's kid has gotten one of the small plant pots and has picked every flower off one of the new plants I bought and had broken bits of the fencing off which I put down the day before.

Fuming is not the word, why can't I have anything nice, I know it's only a plant but for god sake! They've only lived there for about 4 months and I'm already close to reporting them to the landlord!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    So, phase 2 of the neighbours from hell.

I bought some new plants for the garden yesterday because all of last years plants were looking a bit meh, so I spent all yesterday afternoon planting them etc. Went outside earlier to find next door's kid has gotten one of the small plant pots and has picked every flower off one of the new plants I bought and had broken bits of the fencing off which I put down the day before.
    If the child is over the age of criminal responsibility, you could report them for criminal damage. If nothing else, a visit from the police might improve the behaviour. I'd also start keeping a written diary of all the problems, for future use with your landlord, police etc.

The remote key, or "bipper" as I call it, for the panda has gotten lost. I ALWAYS hang it on the key hooks so there's no reason for it not to be there now but hubs insists I was the last to use it therefore I have lost it.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue