Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camden

Default Camden

Okay, so i love this place and go there when ever I'm in London to hang out and stuff. Any of you guys who've been there will know that pretty much all the shops on the street before the stables advertise Body Piercings and there a couple dedecated to piercings. But i was wondering are any of them are actually any good? Like reputable piercers or are they more the sort of back-ally 'pierce you with a rusty nail' kinda jobby. Just wondering if anyone on here knew before i risk going in one at the weekend...

...i kinda wanna come back you see.

ollie

Yeah, thereís tons of places advertising body piercing. A lot of them look (and no doubt ARE) very dodgy.

Cold Steel is far and away the most well know piercers in Camden (if not the whole of London) and is probably the best, can be a bit pricey though. Eclipse is quite popular and I havenít really heard anything bad about it.

www.coldsteel.co.uk/
    www.eclipse.me.uk
    10mm PA, 5mm septum, baby rook, double nostril, outer conch, loads retired | *gold star*

ok, as i go to camden alot, i wouldn't trust anyone from there.

I go to Shiva Piercings in Greenwich, i got my tragus pierced there on saturday, and ive had my scaffold, lobes and helix pierced there.

Make sure a guy called Liam pierces you, hes more professional and i trust him.

It's a bit pricey though, but so is everywhere else in london.

Website is www.shivapiercings.co.uk

hope this helps!

cheers guys. i'll have a look around on saturday as i need a reliable piercer. my local one is the real rusty nail-gun kinda guy so i'll check these ones out. i'll let you all know if i come back with something nice and pierced.

Quote Originally Posted by little.alligator
    cheers guys. i'll have a look around on saturday as i need a reliable piercer. my local one is the real rusty nail-gun kinda guy so i'll check these ones out. i'll let you all know if i come back with something nice and pierced.
    I know a few people in Camden who are very capable, professional and well experienced pierers. I think the whole stigma with Camden and piercings is far over exaggerated. Just because it's a nasty, dirty little tourist hole, doesn't mean that everyone is scum and pierces with 'rusty nails'. Really.

Try Chrome, Cold Steel or Eclipse. I had my venoms pierced in Chrome. That's the neaest to the station, some place near the KFC, opposite the market.. along that side of the road (on the same side as KFC). It's a store with lots of bongs and random paraphernalia, then with the downstairs area with lots of piercing jewellery and a studio down below, 3rd floor down. I know a few members of staff in there.

okay, this chrome place sounds cool i'll check it out. i saw a pic of the venoms in the gallery i think and they looked wicked so i'll be sure to have a look.

plus, sorry if you thought i was calling any of the staff you know at these places 'scum' or whatever, it wasn't intention to be harsh and like i said i've never been in them. :oops:
    anyway cheers

(by the way saw you like DT on your myspace, did you see them play in october? fucking wicked gig!)

Quote Originally Posted by little.alligator
    okay, this chrome place sounds cool i'll check it out. i saw a pic of the venoms in the gallery i think and they looked wicked so i'll be sure to have a look.

plus, sorry if you thought i was calling any of the staff you know at these places 'scum' or whatever, it wasn't intention to be harsh and like i said i've never been in them. :oops:
    anyway cheers

(by the way saw you like DT on your myspace, did you see them play in october? fucking wicked gig!)
    Oh no not at all - please don't think I intended to defend Camden piercers against anything you said. I was targetting the general public, just to express my thoughts against the common perception of the piercers there, in case some people may be put off that area when looking for piercing studios. Nothing personal.

Thanks, glad you liked my venoms!

Ahhh I gotta say, I didn't see DT, I hang my head in shame! I kept saying that I would but due to circumstances I had to pass - an absolute chance of a lifetime missed there! :x

BUT

Have you seen this year's Download lineup!? I'M ALREADY THERE!!

yeah i've seen the line up but i don't think i can make it. such a kick in the teeth!

if you like the download line-up check out a band called biomechanical - you'll like them i'm sure. i'm seeing them in camden underworld on tuesday (thats just to keep it on the topic of camden i guess)

I think they look dodgy... too many in a short distance... Just trying to compete probs. Haven't tried 'em out, don't intend to! But along the high street there are so many nice crepe stalls! Mmmm!

Oh no not at all - please don't think I intended to defend Camden piercers against anything you said. I was targetting the general public, just to express my thoughts against the common perception of the piercers there, in case some people may be put off that area when looking for piercing studios. Nothing personal.

Thanks, glad you liked my venoms!

Ahhh I gotta say, I didn't see DT, I hang my head in shame! I kept saying that I would but due to circumstances I had to pass - an absolute chance of a lifetime missed there! :x

BUT

Have you seen this year's Download lineup!? I'M ALREADY THERE!![/quote]

Download line up is so good this year. Wonder what Leeds/Reading is gonna be like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast