Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding! :o

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Snowboarding! :o

I couldn't find a thread 'bout snowboarding so I made one.
    Everything about snowboarding goes here then. When did u start snowboarding? What board do you have? etc.

I've been boarding for 2 years by now, doin' pretty well and just started jumping this year. I have some Scott board, it's pretty ok I guess, considering that I bought it when I knew nothing about snowboards and I bought used board. Gonna get new one this year, though.

I used to go to the local dry slope to learn. Was super fun if a little painful to fall over. I never really mastered the art of turning right though, couldn't balance that way.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Oh, I learned it really fast. Took me like 4-5 days only I think and I pretty much had no-one to teach me so I tryed to copy the pros at first.
    But I managed to teach 2 people snowboarding last week, yay me!

Woo, I love boarding! It's basically the only sport I like!

I started about three years ago now, I just recently came back from Lech, Austria, and it was my second year there, as it really is an amazing resort!

I had my first go in a park this year too, it was such fun ^.^ So now I'm looking at a softer park board, maybe the Burton Lip-Stick, as my board's pretty stiff. My setup atm is a Trans 149, Burton Stiletto bindings and Burton Mint boots.

Seriously, I will just spend the rest of this year looking forward to next years holiday, ha! Until then though, I'll stave off my cravings at ze snowdome in MK!
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by myhappymassacre View Post
    Woo, I love boarding! It's basically the only sport I like!

I started about three years ago now, I just recently came back from Lech, Austria, and it was my second year there, as it really is an amazing resort!

I had my first go in a park this year too, it was such fun ^.^ So now I'm looking at a softer park board, maybe the Burton Lip-Stick, as my board's pretty stiff. My setup atm is a Trans 149, Burton Stiletto bindings and Burton Mint boots.

Seriously, I will just spend the rest of this year looking forward to next years holiday, ha! Until then though, I'll stave off my cravings at ze snowdome in MK!
    i work there ! i can get you in for free if you want ?
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

I'm gonna go boarding this weekend but I don't know where, 'cause I'm the one who's supposed to find a place first. I found some awesome places in Norway but plane tickets from Estonia are quite expensive. -.-

And I THINK I have a park board...actually I'm quite sure. It's soft and really good to jump with. I <3 ittt. ^_^

Aww, yeah it all adds up pretty quick. Shame something we love costs such heaps! Have you looked into France? I think on balance, it can be the best value for the best boarding experience... I'm not sure what the flights would be like though...

Yeah, if it's pretty soft, it's probs a park board! I like mine, it helps me go fast when I need it, but I can barely flex it, so I want something fun for the park! My snowboard instructor had a new V-rocker from Burton and it worked well in the park and all mountain, so that's why I'm considering the women's version.

I hope you have a good time boarding, wherever you end up going! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by myhappymassacre View Post
    Aww, yeah it all adds up pretty quick. Shame something we love costs such heaps! Have you looked into France? I think on balance, it can be the best value for the best boarding experience... I'm not sure what the flights would be like though...
    Nah, I haven't looked France, but I guess the flight would be quite expensive because Norway was expensive too( +1600$ on plane tickets is expensive when we're gonna be there for 2 days only, if it were a week it'd be okay I guess). I'm still going to check, tohugh.

Actually... from your avatar, I think I may have seen you once!

Haha, I'd love to work there. Yeah, that'd be really good if you could! Thank you so much ^_^

did you come down on a weekend ?
    just PM me when you're thinging of coming down so i can meet you and give you my guest pass
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast