Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No pain relief for tongue piercing

Default No pain relief for tongue piercing

I'm going to have my tongue done next week and the place I want to go to doesn't use the numbing spray. I'm not bothered about the pain but will it be so much worse not having the spray? I'm tempted to look else where but I don't really know any places where I live. I had my lip done at this place and had no problems but it did have a bad rep for a while, before properly cleaning up. I don't know! :P

Any advice would do, I'm scared enough as it is!

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Numbing spray is not good for many many many areas of the body, and many people say it isnt good for any part of your body. It slows healing down considerably and can lead to things like frostbite, which my friend had with her nipple piercing :(

The tongue piercing is incredibly easy to cope with during the act itself. It isnt going through muscle, it's going between them and everyone I have spoken to (and myself obviously lol) has not experienced much pain at all.
    Having mine done just made me jump, and I was terrfied as it was my first piercing.

I have never had any of my piercings numbed, and the tongue especially is nothing to be scared of. Good luck with it
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Only.Streetlights is spot on.
    Any form of anasthesia during a piercing is bad, bad, bad.

You should be pleased the piercer you are going to is up to date!

Tongue piercings are near enough pain free when done propperly... your piercer should not be using any form of numbing agent it even quotes it in the CIEH guidelines... its bad practice.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Quote Originally Posted by elby
    Any form of anasthesia during a piercing is bad, bad, bad.
    Yes I had heard it was frownd upon. I've not had any of my piercings numb but if it causes that many problems I'll stay away! Long as it doesn't hurt much :P )(and if it does I'll blame you guys :P)

Also what is a good price for a tongue piercing? Is it worth paying over 30 for it?

Some places may charge 30, most piercers I know or have been to/walked past tend to stick to about 25.
    If the place that is charging more then 30 is providing you with a really good piercing, good placement, good jewellery, good advice, a friendly atmosphere and it is where you feel most comfortable then I would say go there. Obviously it depends how much more than 30 you are talking - but if it is a piercer you feel completely happy with and is going to provide you with a top notch service then money should not be an object.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Default pain

The best thing for new tongue piercing is ICECREAM ! yummas :lol:

Default Re: pain

Quote Originally Posted by Lushfetted
    The best thing for new tongue piercing is ICECREAM ! yummas :lol:
    I have been told that many times!

Another question for you, I did have four days off which is why Ihave chosen Wednesday to do it but I am too soft and the girl said she'd give me a tenner if I covered her shift on friday. Im not bothered about it still hurting then but will I be able to talk? I work at a care home and I'm not worried about any one ripping it out (I work on a mental unit) but I do need to be able to talk. I know it's different for everone but if it swells really big is it hard to talk? Or should I be grateful if I got a lisp? any replies are good :P

I had a lisp for a few weeks- just getting used to talking with metal in my mouth. But thats doesnt seem to happen to anyone else. You will still probably be very swollen at just 2 days - but I dont think people will notice too much. If you have to work then take some ibuprofen to help out with the swelling and try to keep talking to a minimum. The more you move your tongue about the more it is going to swell in the first 3 days.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast