Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Inauguration

Scarred_pierced

Even though it was clear Obama was going to win in the polls and what not but i'm sure most people had their doubts about whther Obama would make it, america maybe the starting place for alot of new concepts and what not, but my god they don't like change, have you not seen how stubborn they are over their constitution?! With right of course.

I have nothing against Obama, but of course people like him, think back to EVERY good president, were they not charismatic? Did they not all have these awe inspiring speech's with all these plans for change, help, and success?

I've studied the american government, their laws, their politics and yes Obama has done everything right so far....BUT he will not succeed, not because he's black, not because he's democratic, not because of anything personal or not personal, it is purely as people have said already, america is too far gone for anyone in the next couple of decades to succeed in anything but having grande ideas!

If anyone came into power right now, after the destruction of Bush, they will fail, only because of the increasing issues in america. Bush ruined any successful career future presidents wish to have, the debt, the recession, the on going wars! I feel so bad for Obama that he has to deal with all that, and when all his nice words and great speechs die away from his lips and he has to sit in that office and take all those problems onto his shoulders, he will be kacking it. I know i would be.

I know people like to argue with me on here, i'm not disagreeing with anyone, its just a sad tradegy that someone with the passion that Obama clearly has, isn't going to last. No-one would.

I saw bits of it so not very clued up tbh.

I think people are expecting far too much of him. From what I've seen/heard from him I think he's be able to 'fix' a few things, or keep the majority happy, at least for a while.
    He's a much better choice than Bush, this will improve Americas image a lot after what Bush did to it.

But yeh. I think everyone's expecting miracles and quickly.
    CHRISSY

Current: 1 lobe on left (vaguely stretching) + rook + double helix, 2 lobes on right, 1 nipple, double nostrils
    Want: vertical labret or medusa, other nipple, conch/helix punch

"CRAZY LIKE A FOX!!!"

I think everyone whose got more than 1 brain cell realises that there's a limit to the amount he can actually do though. He's going to spend his term in office being pulled on one side by people who want faster changes and on the other by people who don't want any changes. I think he's a brilliant person to start America on the road to recovery. Of course it's not going to happen in the next four years, of course he's only going to be able to do so much. However if anyone's going to be able to do something it'll be him. He's got some very good ideas about the budget, cutting a lot of the state's expenditure and yeah people aren't amazingly happy about that but spending money on things like weapon development is a non essential during a recession. He's also got some good policies in terms of taxes. And I love that he publicly took an HIV test and encouraged other christians to do it and accept it.

Just a question, all you nay sayers, how much have you actually researched the policies? or listened to all his speeches? He's actually been a lot more conservative in his "promises" than you guys are suggesting and has said "it'll be a long hard battle but I'm up for the challenge" (in different words). That was one of his big problems with McCain he thought McCain was making unrealistic promises, and that's why the voters trusted him.
    Last edited by Youki-Hi; 01-21-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

I wouldn't trust anyone who wanted to be president of america.
    Current piercings:

1.6mm L inner conch
    1.2mm nostrils
    2.4mm Septum

Retired:
    1.6mm labret
    1.6mm lowbrets
    25mm, 20mm lobes L/R
    1.6mm 2nd lobes L/R

Future:
    Earlobe reconstruction
    1.6mm Medusa
    2.4mm L inner conch
    2.4mm R inner conch
    4mm Septum

gandy

i think think hes some kind of "god" who can fix all of the states problems, but tbh, when you look back with bushy he lied though his teeths, as with all politician sooner or later work a nice lie here or there (yus im talking about mr "ill cut taxes" blair and mrs "we had to run or the runway due to the gun fire" cliton lol

so i doubt hes any different.

give it 4 years and well see just who meany americans still love him

Scarred_pierced

Exactly, and then it'll be a thatcher situation all over again in the way that no-one 'different' will ever get into power again yet they'll always use it as an example 'see, we aren't racist/sexist/other types of discrimination'. Politicians are so see through.

I think the amount of Bush he wants to undo, along with everything he believes should have been done before is near impossible to achieve, but he seems to already be having a good go at it.

He's setting a fantastic example imo, and this should have happened years ago.

You only have to type 'Bushisms' into Google to realise what a difference Obama can make...

I want an Obama t-shirt.
    winner of best other female modification 2007

If nothing else, he has given the US a bit more credibility. Bush really enforced the 'dumb hick' stereotype.

Well if Obama doesn't do this (the last bit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMnI6kGXOQ

Than I think he's going to do something good. He's a good speaker though, that's "fersure"
    Piercings
    2mm Septum + snakebites (spikes) + Industrial/scaffold + 12mm left lobe + 6mm right lobe + labret (spike)

Tattoos
    Grim Reaper. Left arm

Coming up
    Venoms + bridge + nostril + 12mm right lobe

Keeper of bees with Youki and Miharu

I'm sorry, but I just find it scary that people worship a politician this much
    Current piercings:

1.6mm L inner conch
    1.2mm nostrils
    2.4mm Septum

Retired:
    1.6mm labret
    1.6mm lowbrets
    25mm, 20mm lobes L/R
    1.6mm 2nd lobes L/R

Future:
    Earlobe reconstruction
    1.6mm Medusa