Thread: clip in balls

Default clip in balls

im going to sound stupid but how do i know what size clip in balls to buy? i have a 3.2mm bcr and im just sooo damn bored with steel crap so do i have to find a clip in ball with a gauge of 3.2 and a certain ball size? im just so confused *sob sob*

go to your local piercing shop find a BCR the same size as yours and ask what range they have, I know that 2.4 BCR's have the same size balls as 1.6, But they must go up in size it would look stupid if you had a Massive BCR and a tiny ball?

On the subject of clip-in balls on BCRs, I took the ball out of my lip ring for the first time last night and then spent 3 hours trying to get it back in without any luck, even with pliers. I'm now going to a piercer to help me get it back in!! I know this has probably been asked 100s of times before, but how can I get it back in on my own in future, cos can't go back to a piercer everytime I want to change my ring!!

The way I have to do it (with the BCRs in my ears) is to put one of the dimples into the bar on one side and then basically just fiddle!! Really that's all I can say, though one way I've also found (if I get it at the correct angle to start with) is that I sometimes find it easier to put the ball to the back of the ring, line up one of the dimples on the bar and then pull it forward!!

Other people hve different methods, but that might help!
    Never forget where you came from,
    that can be one of the worst things in the world,
    loose that and loose everything that made you who you are
    and who you are going to be...

Redders xxx

Currently modelling my loverly
    gold and silver velvet straight jacket featuring tiny butterfly wings up the sleeves and a lovely big pair of wings on the back too... designed exclusively by Pagan Debbie

Lots of practice (and patience) is really the only way. I generally line up the bottom dimple whilst Iíve got the ring opened up a bit then I line up the top one as I let the ring re-close, kinda like RedHead said!
    10mm PA, 5mm septum, baby rook, nostril, loads retired | *gold star*

Ahh, I had the same problem when someone sold me a ring that was really too tight for the ball. I couldn't get the bloody thing back in, then the ball shot off down the plughole and I had to buy a new one, which was too small, so I squeezed the ring together a little, and it's been fine. But normally, as previous posts, they clip in with a bit of juggling. Was yours the one it was pierced with? In which case, maybe they wanted to ensure it was tight so you couldn't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbearj5
    On the subject of clip-in balls on BCRs, I took the ball out of my lip ring for the first time last night and then spent 3 hours trying to get it back in without any luck, even with pliers. I'm now going to a piercer to help me get it back in!! I know this has probably been asked 100s of times before, but how can I get it back in on my own in future, cos can't go back to a piercer everytime I want to change my ring!!
    Go back to the piercers one more time, They've got a tool there looks like a pair of pliers but in reverse ask them to open the BCR just enough so not to tight or lose, Or do what the other bloke said and buy a new one thats lose :?