Thread: scarification

Default scarification

okay this belongs more in here than the piercing forums, but just out of interest where does scarification BECOME scarification and not self harm? ive never really been able to see the difference. i was going to do scarification on my upper arm myself with a razor blade next time i feel like hurting myself, an outlet that symbolises something, and then get a tattoo round it to accentuate it as art not harm. just thought id start a discussion about the difference between the two. advice on scarification would be appreciated.
    piercings:
    left and right lobe, 1.2
    left and right lobe 8mm
    tongue
    scaffold
    nose l & r
    nips l & r
    tattoo\'s
    tribal heart and \'kym\' on my right upper arm
    \'mon timetis messor\' on my left upper arm
    hand print on my left breast

Default Re: scarification

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel
    okay this belongs more in here than the piercing forums, but just out of interest where does scarification BECOME scarification and not self harm? ive never really been able to see the difference. i was going to do scarification on my upper arm myself with a razor blade next time i feel like hurting myself, an outlet that symbolises something, and then get a tattoo round it to accentuate it as art not harm. just thought id start a discussion about the difference between the two. advice on scarification would be appreciated.
    scarification becomes scarification and not self harm when you get it done properly and your not just carving away at your flesh making a total mess of it. i'm getting skin removal done next week there was no way i'd do that on myself i wud'nt recommend doing it on yourself but if you feel you have to make sure your sterle and shit oh and read this http://www.bmezine.com/scar/990924/scrmysta.html

scarification is scarification when

a) you dont do it whilst listening to marylin manson to get attention

b) you go to a professional

self harm is lame. like seriously.

if your going to do it remember.

Up the street not across the road kids.
    Current: 32mm lobes , 8 mm septum , snakebites , 2.4mm vertical nipples , 1.6mm lobes (again...for my bling bling)

Ink: Loads thanks.

Retired (I grew up): Tragus to conch scaffold , tragus , eyebrow , 8mm lobes , 1.6mm lobes , tongue , bridge , guch , ampalang , scrotum , 4mm top ear , Upper lip web , tongue web , labret.

Projects: 10mm septum, 8mm nipples, SUB-DERMS !, more ink.

See how funny i look here : Myspace

Is branding a form of scarification?

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Branding is branding. 2 incredibly different processes - yes they both leave a scar but in the body mod community they are seperate.
    The scars they leave are incredibly different, as are the scars you get with different methods of scarification and different methods of branding.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

i did some self scarification on my outer wrist, its still healing but looks good. if your careful its okay

Quote Originally Posted by returning
    i did some self scarification on my outer wrist, its still healing but looks good. if your careful its okay
    pictures?
    10mm Outer Conch (punched @ 8mm), 3.2mm Helix, 22mm Lobe (scalpeled to 12mm from nothing), 2x 10mm lobe, Transverse lobe through both tunnels, 11mm Labret (was 16mm), 16mm Septum, Branding on left middle finger, 2x lingual frenectomy,subdermal implant in hand, Biomechanical Chest Piece + loads retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    Think i polished mine 3 times in the month! Not so clean at the moment, but it's still perfect in every other way.
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?HELLS_MoNkEy

Don't self harmers go to lengths to HIDE their cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by gubi-gubi
    Don't self harmers go to lengths to HIDE their cuts?
    Your not accusing muslim women of sefl harming are you?

U bad BAD boi :lol: