Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Novelty Contact Lenses.

Default Novelty Contact Lenses.

Hi Guys,

For Halloween I was planning on being a vampire and was going to buy some novelty contact lenses to freak people out.

I was going to buy the Blood Red TerrorEyes from here, do you think they'd be the best colour for a vampire(ss?)
    I like the wolf eyes and the zombie white out ones too!

The thing is though, I have quite dark eyes, they're brown. Do you think the red would still work well on them and stand out?

My dad and a friend were telling me they were dangerous and I was stupid for wanting to wear them for one day. Has anyone ever had any problem with theirs?

My mum says I'll probably manage to get them in, but not out again *raises eyebrow* because apparently it's not as easy as it looks. Fair enough, I don't wear contacts (or glasses) and I know it's going to take some practice but I'm pretty sure they'll be easy enough to get out?? I mean how many people do you see walking around with a novelty contact stuck in their eye??

OK went on a bit of a ramble there. But any help would be great, thanks.

Oh and if you've got any cool novelty contact pics.. I'd love to see pics!

Also do you think they're worth the money? I think I'll only have the oppertunity to wear mine a couple of times.

I'm sure they'll be fine. I think they're hard contact lenses, I've worn soft ones for years daily and now occasionally, caused me no problems. As long as you're ok with touching your eyes you'll be fine.

You could get plain black ones, cold dead eyes are pretty creepy.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

they're soft, but iritated my eyes sooo much that i never wore them... keep them super hydrated as well and soak them well in advance to wearing them once you buy them
    Rob <3's you all... except you.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

IAM: NameLess

Yeah, if you've never worn contacts before they can be irritating. I have tons of contact lense solution, but you may just have to drip water in your eyes or something lol.
    Stef

Mods:

Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

don't do water! there's something in it that can make you go blind. that's why you wash the lenses with solution not water.

i'm not sure how comfy they'd be as normal contacts are all slightly different to fit the shape of your eye. i wouldn't wear them more than once either as they don't seem to stay very clean.
    i'm Sarah
    i have... septum! ~ three lobes at 5mm, one at 6mm ~ snug ~ double inner conch ~ double right side lip
    nostril is no more!
    medusa please.
    myspace

When I've woken up in the morning with my contacts still in and no solution, I've put a drop of water in each eye to hydrate them and they were fine. I'm not blind, it won't make you go blind instantly, it's just risk of germs or whatever. I wear vision-correcting ones though, may be diff for cosmetic ones.
    Stef

Mods:

Gallery

Drip the solution into your eyes, place one on the tip of your finger then put some solution into it. The pull apart yor eyelids with you thumb and forefinger and place it on and carefully blink a few times.

Toget out sort of drag it down to the bottom of your eye and it'll crease up so you can pinch it out.

I do this everyday lol
    10 piercings and 4 tattoos.
    (9 retired piercings).

You shouldn't use water cause theres a type of protein in it and it can build up on your lenses and irritate your eyes.

I've fell asleep with mine in and no solution too. I've never seen redder eyes in my life!
    10 piercings and 4 tattoos.
    (9 retired piercings).

the reason the cosmetic ones aren't as safe as prescription contacts is because they're all just one size whereas prescription contacts are made to fit your eye, I asked the optician about them once trying to convince my mom to let me have some when i was like 14 and they recommended against it

can't see them doing any harm for just occasional wear though
    Gem has:

2 lobes, 12mm
    1 lobe 1.6mm left
    1 auricle 1.2mm left
    1 rook 1.2mm left
    1 scaffold 1.6mm left
    2 helix's 1.6mm right
    1 tragus 1.2mm right
    1 Navel 1.6mm
    1 Septum 1.2mm
    1 Nostril 1.2mm right
    2 Nipples 1.6mm
    1 Tongue 1.6mm

1 Tattoo left foot

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Wouldnt it be cool to merge prescription contacts with the cosmetic ones. Tha way i could have creepy alien eyes but still be able to see
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast