Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Cricket

Default Test Cricket

England look like they're on their way to doing better this time round eh? And I'm happy for King Kev getting his ton in his first game as capitan. Must feel good. Looked like he enjoyed it...

Anyway, my thoughts on this game are mixed. At first glance it looks very much like England's game, SA bundled out of the middle for 194 in their first innings and then Smith dropped after less than an over by Jimmy in their second, England with an 84 run lead going into day three of five. However, SA are by no means in trouble. 84 runs is nothing in five day cricket, especially when it's your second innings. Time is on their side there. Also, as has so often been proved this summer, England are good at letting games go. That farce that was 2 runs needed off the last ball by New Zealand and overthrowing the ball for the run out anyone? I didn't even speak to anyone for a good half an hour after that! Angry doesn't cut it, I was so hacked off.

So, England just need to stay focused for my money. Accept that they will bat again, keep the run rate down and the wickets falling and just try to keep their seconds innings total low. Other than that we need our middle order to remember what that chunk of wood in their hands is for and use it and we could well have this one (although the rabid England fan in me wants to say it's ours, nobody's having this game, it's a cert. Brain gets smart head gets dumb...)

Any thoughts on the test cricket?
    Look on bandcamp or myspace for my music musings.

Current left lobe : 2mm

england r doing well against the windys atm

Default aussie fan

I cant wait for the ashes should be close .sad thing about England is they play players from all of Britain and now rsa the rules are wrong. is a joke to have a south african as leader.but the poms have always done it.Lamb,Hick Smith keep the home grown talent coming lol

Yes i think this time Englland is going to beat australlia in the ashes series,England side is looking very balanced side this time.

im ozzy...however i recon england may actually have a chance...lol

my bad...what am i saying???

20/20 hasnt been all that great though...

nd england r playing well

but at least we won the ashes!!

Although England won the Ashes but they lost 7 ODI series by 6-1 and Aussies came back again by won this One-day cricket series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast