Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: yey for the olympics!

surreel

I know, she has won some major races before. But when that slight doubt creeps into your mind. Are you healthy enough, is that injury healed, have I trained enough? These can all build up to make you doubt yourself. The marathon is as much a mental race as much as it is about fitness.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Watch as Paula Radcliff wins the next couple of big marathons - usually the ones with the big pot of dosh at the end. I just find it suspicious that shesalways in top form for theose ones but not the Olympics
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Yawn, London 2012 is alocating a 9.8billion GBP fund.

9.8bn and we are in economic crysis? 9.8bn every 4 years... Could help this world alot more than a fortnight of sports.

Indeed it could. But then I'm sure if Paul Macartney and Bill Gates and Bono and Geldof et al stopped talking the talk and just gave away the majority of their fortunes - I'd even say let them keep as much as they 'need' to keep their grandkids from needing to work ever in their lifetimes - I'm sure that a lot of problems that 9.8 billion could sort out would be reduced to not needing more than 1% of that money. Also bear in mind that a massive amount of that 9.8 is lottery cash, which all comes from the idiot tax (ticket sales) - economic crisis or not people are still playing the lottery. And so long as they are paying so the olympics is getting funded.

Personally I say bring the games to London and be proud. I can't wait to get the call up to go down and volunteer. I'd do almost any job they'd give me, so long as I was involved. I'll never compete so I'll help out instead.

Congrats Team GB on finishing 4th overall (on the proper tables). And I suppose well done to China for showing us just how to win the most golds in an olympics. Here's hoping we can equal if not better our achievement at the home gound.
    Look on bandcamp or myspace for my music musings.

Current left lobe : 2mm

Who's winning overall at the moment?

And is it finished yet?

Can't wait for 2012.
    Jay
    Is this how we live, or is this how we die?

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**

Quote Originally Posted by urban_junglist View Post
    Who's winning overall at the moment?

And is it finished yet?

Can't wait for 2012.
    it finished yesterday, the closing ceremony was yesterday afternoon.

China won overall i believe, USA second, Russia third, UK fourth.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

surreel

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls View Post
    Watch as Paula Radcliff wins the next couple of big marathons - usually the ones with the big pot of dosh at the end. I just find it suspicious that shesalways in top form for theose ones but not the Olympics
    The problem with that is an Olympic title has greater prestige then winning anything else, like The New York Marathon.

For lesser known sports it brings much needed attention to the sport. How many of you knew about the many disciplines of track cycling before Team GB dominated in the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by surreel View Post

For lesser known sports it brings much needed attention to the sport. How many of you knew about the many disciplines of track cycling before Team GB dominated in the Olympics?
    me! been a follower of cycling for aslong as i can remember. (my big bro is a bike fanatic.... and tour de france etc was just part of my childhood!!)
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

surreel

Quote Originally Posted by FakeFlower View Post
    me! been a follower of cycling for aslong as i can remember. (my big bro is a bike fanatic.... and tour de france etc was just part of my childhood!!)
    OK, excluding anyone with the interest in the sport. Could anyone tell the difference between team sprint and team pursuit?

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

I found the closing ceremony a little tiresom. I don't know where to begin with our 8 minute thing...!

Having been involved with Dance, Choreography and Visual Displays at a pretty high level I was more than a little disheartened by our trite token jesture. The bus not bad... Leona Lewis, just bad and too long. The choreographic devices and movement were very lame, very dated and badly executed and looked like they had been throw together in about 20mins, which I guessing it probably was.

When you look at the level of movement now used in videos and some of the work that is being performed at the Sadlers Wells and other dance theatres it makes you realise just how naff that display was...

On a lighter note the Group Rhythmic Gymnastics was quite something to watch and Russia were flawless. Belarus also were quite something to watch and the final part of Chinas was very good.

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."