Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: yey for the olympics!

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Because it's the olympics and it's the biggest athletics event in the world. Lots of people compete in the olympics with injuries, just because it's too important for them to drop out.
    hahaha no - they tell everyone beforehand that they have some niggling injury so they have a ready excuse for not winning. That ways its not a case of not being good enough, its that they strained a muscle in training.

Ive seen so much of it in the past few years that i know when its coming.
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

I'm pretty sure that's not true but whatever. Some athletes might pretend to be injured as an excuse but I doubt it's all that common. In combat sports especially, a lot of fighters go into competitions with injuries because they happen all the time in training.

I'm pretty sure that's not true but whatever. Some athletes might pretend to be injured as an excuse but I doubt it's all that common. In combat sports especially, a lot of fighters go into competitions with injuries because they happen all the time in training.Yesterday 07:01 PM
    Yeah but you expect those - i should point out that i was refering to the UK/USA athletes. My mother is a major fan of athletics so she watches every athletics grand prix and championship thats screened - shes the one who pointed this out lol and now its all i notice lol
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Whether or not your hypothesis is correct, a stress fracture in your leg is hardly a niggling injury. I don't get what you're saying about it being convenient - are you suggesting Radcliffe wasn't really injured?

Whether or not your hypothesis is correct, a stress fracture in your leg is hardly a niggling injury. I don't get what you're saying about it being convenient - are you suggesting Radcliffe wasn't really injured?
    Im saying that either she wasnt really injured or she was exaggerating the extent to which she was origninally injured. Its time to put her out to pasture and nurture some new up and coming talent.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011