Page 333 of 338 FirstFirst ... 233283323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338 LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3375

Thread: The health thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Its an amazing cleanser, I love that it adapts to my skins needs whether it's dry or oily or both and it's super gentle, so gentle you can use it on your eyes then open them up to check you've got everything off!
    I managed to get into Exeter today and got this, I already love it! I was expecting a much bigger pot though from what you said, but I don't imagine I'll get through it very quickly, I just use a small dab.

My skin hasn't been greasy at all today! The other cleansers/soaps I've used have, if anything, just added to the grease, not taking away any of the grease with it. My face was actually matte today and I had no foundation on (I never do at work anymore).
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Retired:
    - Septum
    - Lip (left)
    - Nipple (right)

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

If you went for the 100g tub it'll last about 6 months mines lasts closer to 7 though ^_^
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I already managed to lose the lid though >.<. So it's covered with... I forget the name- tin foil for now.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Retired:
    - Septum
    - Lip (left)
    - Nipple (right)

I had an amazing and very emotional GP appointment on Thursday. Booked in for an ultrasound on my leg after discovering I have something called familial multiple lipomas which are now causing me pain, I think they may want to operate which I won't allow until I've lost a significant amount of weight so I'll have to get cracking on that.

The other thing is she listened to me about a lot of other issues I've been having for a good 5 years now and has finally referred me to a consultant who I feel is appropriate at a clinic covering a specific illness.

I'm not saying much more for now as it's all in the hypothetical stage but I feel I'm getting somewhere for the first time in several years. It brought me to tears.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ouch, that sounds awful. Thank goodness you've got a good doctor to listen to you. When we have things that affect us, the last thing we want is a bad bedside manner.

One of our doctors has seen first hand how much pain I've been in with the HS, he's had to lance and dress two of the abscesses and he made me feel tons better, even while I was sobbing like a child when I've seen him. Bless him, he even winces if I have to see him now as he hasn't forgotten, especially over the one he had to deal with last year. It helps a lot and you'll feel so much more positive and confident now. I hate it when the good ones move elsewhere.

Good luck Hazel with your health x.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

I think in my case it's because we're looking at a problem that has no formal diagnosis so the x-rays, scans, physio, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, acupuncture, neurology assessment, various medications, journals, visits etc have had to be done over the last couple of years to rule out other things. So frustrating but I understand it in a way as well.

HS sounds awful, my heart goes out to you with something like that. For me, I think just having a diagnosis or being one step closer to one by ruling this out will help me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Halp! This farm life is ruining my skin i come home covered in a layer of dust everyday and my face is just covered in gross whiteheads because of it. I havent had it this bad since before i went on depo 4 years ago! Ive got a deep pore face wash that i use as soon as i get home, a scrub (used a few times a week) and ive recently also bought a tea tree/witch hazel toner but still everyday theres a new one im also left with those horrible red marks after they've gone. Any miracle products anyone knows of? im so sad about it all and really self conscious of it.

Lush is 1700km away so ideally not from there haha

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I think in my case it's because we're looking at a problem that has no formal diagnosis so the x-rays, scans, physio, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, acupuncture, neurology assessment, various medications, journals, visits etc have had to be done over the last couple of years to rule out other things. So frustrating but I understand it in a way as well.

HS sounds awful, my heart goes out to you with something like that. For me, I think just having a diagnosis or being one step closer to one by ruling this out will help me.
    Hazel, stick at it, it looks like finally you're getting somewhere. Hubby got ill in 2011, first it was thought he had Guillain Barre but when he was back in hospital, the consultant eventually decided it was all in his head, (his reputation proceeded him and not in a positive way). Long story short, we think his condition had been coming for years but we hadn't realised it. The doctors at our surgery believed this 'consultant', (who I may add was involved with functional symptoms in a big way so no reason for us to doubt his diagnosis..not!!). I got tearful, knowing that when we'd go to the surgery, my hubby wasn't believed. And then, a new consultant later, a simple test conducted a year after and what do you have..it wasn't all in his head so we finally had sympathetic ears listening to us, although it's always in the back of my mind how they were before. Now, he's disabled, mobility wise, but at least we have names to put to his symptoms. How bizarre is it that patients actually half cheer when they get diagnosed with something, but that is what frustration and not knowing can do. Having idiopathic symptoms is frustrating and you've gone through the mill. Fingers crossed, your new doctor is going to make all the difference for you.

Thank you. HS is depressing when you have flare ups. These can happen every 2/3 weeks and it's debilitating as you can't do much until the abscess/es burst. But one thing that has helped me is that I'm wonderfully weird lol and my sense of humour is so important. And as crazy as it is, it was enduring the pain of the last abscess that was lanced and dressed over several weeks that made me realise that if I can stand that pain, why on earth am I waiting to get my much wanted piercings. And here I am. Honestly, you'll continue to feel so much better mentally and physically when this is sorted. I've seen hubby and what it did to him so I'm thrilled for you and again..good luck
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Halp! This farm life is ruining my skin i come home covered in a layer of dust everyday and my face is just covered in gross whiteheads because of it. I havent had it this bad since before i went on depo 4 years ago! Ive got a deep pore face wash that i use as soon as i get home, a scrub (used a few times a week) and ive recently also bought a tea tree/witch hazel toner but still everyday theres a new one im also left with those horrible red marks after they've gone. Any miracle products anyone knows of? im so sad about it all and really self conscious of it.

Lush is 1700km away so ideally not from there haha
    It sounds like you might be using too many harsh products tbh. Try switching to less astringent/"deep" cleansing products and see if it helps. Any switch in regime needs to be done for at least 2 weeks continuously before you can tell if it's helping or not.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    Hazel, stick at it, it looks like finally you're getting somewhere. Hubby got ill in 2011, first it was thought he had Guillain Barre but when he was back in hospital, the consultant eventually decided it was all in his head, (his reputation proceeded him and not in a positive way). Long story short, we think his condition had been coming for years but we hadn't realised it. The doctors at our surgery believed this 'consultant', (who I may add was involved with functional symptoms in a big way so no reason for us to doubt his diagnosis..not!!). I got tearful, knowing that when we'd go to the surgery, my hubby wasn't believed. And then, a new consultant later, a simple test conducted a year after and what do you have..it wasn't all in his head so we finally had sympathetic ears listening to us, although it's always in the back of my mind how they were before. Now, he's disabled, mobility wise, but at least we have names to put to his symptoms. How bizarre is it that patients actually half cheer when they get diagnosed with something, but that is what frustration and not knowing can do. Having idiopathic symptoms is frustrating and you've gone through the mill. Fingers crossed, your new doctor is going to make all the difference for you.

Thank you. HS is depressing when you have flare ups. These can happen every 2/3 weeks and it's debilitating as you can't do much until the abscess/es burst. But one thing that has helped me is that I'm wonderfully weird lol and my sense of humour is so important. And as crazy as it is, it was enduring the pain of the last abscess that was lanced and dressed over several weeks that made me realise that if I can stand that pain, why on earth am I waiting to get my much wanted piercings. And here I am. Honestly, you'll continue to feel so much better mentally and physically when this is sorted. I've seen hubby and what it did to him so I'm thrilled for you and again..good luck
    Yeah I've seen my bf go through finally being diagnosed with something at age 27 when he's been experiencing problems since birth and although there's nothing really to be done about it, just having that diagnosis there helps so much.

I got to the point where even I started to think my pain might have been psychosomatic, to an extent the start of it may have been but the resulting problems most certainly are not.

I know what you mean about keeping cheery, it's got to be done otherwise my already suffering mental health will just get worse!