Thread: The useless stretching post

Actually toying with the idea of letting my firsts and seconds close up, and re-pierce them (well just 1 in each, but central) at a larger gauge so I can have a better jewellery choice O_O

If I continue stretching just my seconds the size I can reach will be limited, and I won't be able to wear certain designs due to ear warpage,.. and hangies are pretty much never going to work.

One problem is my lobes must have been pierced about 7 times total to get these 2 holes. - 5 done by gun 2 by needle.
    One of the gun ones was instantly removed and re-pierced due to placement, joyous.
    So it's safe to say I have a fair amount of scar tissue in them. I don't think 2 of the holes I retired have closed up completely either, I retired them about 3 years ago but must have had them for about 10 years.
    My firsts I've had for about 20years, so I doubt they will close up either :\
    Currently both my firsts are 1.2mm, and both seconds are 3mm.

I know daily massages could help break this down, but is that even an option with having so much scare tissue build up? I can still feel where the piercings were when massaging them now :\

If I couldn't break up all the tissue would it still be possible just to get pierced at say 5mm through some of it? I know stretching further could then be difficult, but maybe after a few years of daily massages it would get better.

Idk, a lot of questions,.. I'm pretty much typing while thinking. Any advice/opinions appreciated!
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 05-22-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Nox, i've had my left lobe pierced close to 10 times, stretched from a gunned piercing to 8mm previously, and now it's stretched to 10mm after a needle repierce. Darren can vouch for how much scar tissue was on my lobe, he marked it both front and back to make sure it was straight because even with massages, the shape is slightly warped, and probably won't return to normal (aside from the fact it's stretched, that makes it even more unlikely).
    There's no set standard for anyone though, I got lucky closing up a lobe that was stretched to 8mm, other's struggle with smaller sizes. Another strange thing i've found is my left lobe is surprisingly stretchy.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Hmm, that's interesting, and promising!
    What do your lobes look like now? Can you see the small indents from the closed up holes when wearing your plugs? And what size did you get pierced at this time?

If Darren's a pro in piercing through scarred up ears I might consider combining a trip home with visiting him ^_^

Question spam haha,.. it only hit me tonight this might be a better thing to do, so my thought process is all over the place

But one more! If I was to go down this route would you recommend going naked (obviously!) and massaging for months before getting them re-pierced? Or just waiting for my 3mm to shrink up a bit and go for it?
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook

I may well be the anomaly though, experiences on here alone are quite varied!
    I can attempt to get pictures up at some point for you, but it probably won't be soon. Not particularly, that i'm aware of at least, but then the size does help with that. I have relatively small lobes, so with a 10mm plug, and o-rings, the majority of scar tissue is unseen. At a smaller size, it's also more obvious. Having said that, I also had my second lobe piercing on my right ear stretched to 6mm for a short while, and that's also closed completely. I can feel a line of scar tissue there though, but it's in a natural dip due to my ear shape.
    Tbh I hadn't known it was so bad, there's only so many ways you can see the backs of your ears. I was pierced at 1.6mm.
    Yep, i'd remove jewellery and massage daily for at least a few months. But then, at a smaller size it might be completely different for you. I had to attempt to close my lobe up significantly otherwise repiercing would be pointless, and the only route would have been scalpelling, which would have had its problems.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Yeah I plan on doing a lot more research and reading some experiences before I even think about making a decision. I was just looking through some jewellery sites tonight and realised I probably won't get to wear any of the pretty things if I continue with my current plans D: And this made me sad.

Pics are always great if you remember But yeah I appreciate it will be different for everyone.
    And actually I'm not fussed about how the backs look, I won't catch sight of them in the mirror, as long as there's no blow-out type of grossness I can accept there being a few scar dots back there ^^ So mainly concerned about how they will look from the front.

Actually quite excited about this, will have a few sleeps on it and see if i still think it's a good idea then. I also don't know how I'd feel about going naked for a while D:
    And I remember sneferies diary showing healing larger gauge piercings can be a bugger too.

So much to think about =)
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

I'll remember, it just won't be imminent lol. Once this work's done i'll get some pictures for you . The backs of mine are only really noticeble to me now by feel, because I do daily massages, but aesthetically they're not an issue, no blowouts, just a bit lumpy bumpy. My right probably has more from the front, I don't know how well it will photograph however, but i'll do my best for you. Lately they both seem to be having slight anti-tragus issues, so I don't know if i'm just sleeping differently or what, but the scar tissue can be a pain at a bigger size.
    No way round that really, but then, you don't know how fast your ears would close up! Yeah, I had intended to get pierced larger, but timing didn't really work for that, so I settled for a smaller gauge!
    Yeah, lots of different options!
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    Yeah I plan on doing a lot more research and reading some experiences before I even think about making a decision. I was just looking through some jewellery sites tonight and realised I probably won't get to wear any of the pretty things if I continue with my current plans D: And this made me sad.

Pics are always great if you remember But yeah I appreciate it will be different for everyone.
    And actually I'm not fussed about how the backs look, I won't catch sight of them in the mirror, as long as there's no blow-out type of grossness I can accept there being a few scar dots back there ^^ So mainly concerned about how they will look from the front.

Actually quite excited about this, will have a few sleeps on it and see if i still think it's a good idea then. I also don't know how I'd feel about going naked for a while D:
    And I remember sneferies diary showing healing larger gauge piercings can be a bugger too.

So much to think about =)
    I had mines pierced about a week after she had hers done and mines have been a dream. One of them had a damn good bleed the night it was done but otherwise they've been a dream!
    From reading Sneferie's diary she fiddled with hers a lot and frequently took them in and out whilst they were crusting and healing; where as I never removed mines (except to switch from glass to ti since the glass kept falling out) until they were well past initial healing, happy and definitely not whilst they were crusting.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Seems like you have tough ears, oil massages can help especially after a clean/shower. I'd say once you get a bit bigger taping may well be the way to go!
    Gave my ears a nice massage with jojoba oil after a shower and 10g went in! I ended up going back to 12g since it was a little pinchy. However, progress!
    Have: Lobes x2, left helix
    Want: left rook, , right conch, right forward helix or daith, navel?
    Tattoos: "Musik ist frei" on the side of my right foot, my dogs paw print on my right hip

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    From reading Sneferie's diary she fiddled with hers a lot and frequently took them in and out whilst they were crusting and healing; where as I never removed mines (except to switch from glass to ti since the glass kept falling out) until they were well past initial healing, happy and definitely not whilst they were crusting.
    Ah yes that's true! Did you re-pierce through some scar tissue at all?
    On my phone so searching is a nightmare, did you do a diary?
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Anyone at 5/8" or have that as a goal size? I have 3 pairs of plugs for sale xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr