Thread: The useless stretching post

Is 9/16" jewelry a lot less common than 5/8"? Still trying to decide on a goal size...
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

@ Lindsay I never have problems finding stuff in 9/16 and I have decided not to stretch up. I like the looks of 5/8ths but I am just not in love with being that big as the current size already takes up almost all the space on my lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Well if I'm completely honest at such small sizes I was using spiral expanders. Just found it easier, I would regularly massage my ears with vaseline or bio oil, I now use hemp stuff from body shop, and just pop the spiral in a little more. I must admit on my first lobe (I stretched only one at first) I used them up until 6mm, when my ears had a nasty blowout type thing, where in my sleep the spiral had pushed itself through...very nasty. Then I could generally dead stretch, but since about 9mm been using tape for difficult stretches.
    The massages can't hurt as long as you aren't allergic or sensitive to any ingredients. I personally react badly to shea so anything with shea just irritates my skin, perhaps something in emu oil does the same to you.
    Ooo I'm a fan of anything hemp, I might have to look that up thanks! Is it easily absorbed? I think my skin has more of an issue with the oil being left on rather than the emu oil itself. But might be a reaction, hadn't considered that ty.

6mm will be the absolute largest size I'll be going - No plans to stretch my firsts and I reckon anything past 6mm will probably warp my ear shape slightly. Unless it happens before 6mm and I'l stop there. Planned on using standard steel tapers the whole way, but I think I'll get back to massages and possibly try taping.
    Thanks for all the advise
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Scarred_pierced

I have the hemp moisture high balm, not sure they do it anymore, just checked their site, I remember i got mine in a sale for 3 but I reckon any of the range will have the same affect, maybe the oil would be best.
    It is very easily absorbed, but it also sits on the skin keeping it moisturised which is nice, I hate the idea of them drying out, esp in the cold weather.
    You're welcome, I have sensitive skin so my first thought to any strange reactions is 'whats in it, what is causing a reaction' im quite prone to stuff like that. Although I find most of the body shop range perfect with my skin, bar the shea. Oh and a body butter type thing I got for free off the site, like a two in one thing, vanilla but drives my skin nuts.
    You are very welcome, good luck and remember stretching is addictive, I was only going to go to 10, now my goal is around the 19/20mm mark lol

woops thought this was useless piercing post lol
    Last edited by pierceadelic; 04-16-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Scarred_pierced

You want to post this is the useless piercing posts thread not the stretching posts. just leave it alone and give it time to heal by itself, it wont be healed after just 6 weeks, surface piercings such as eyebrow piercings take quite a bit longer, up to 6 months!

Slept lobe-naked for the first time in ages after a late shower last night mmmmmm my lobes feel good this morning.

I think I'm going to invest in some rounded screw-in tunnels that won't fall out or hurt to sleep in. I ended up wearing earskins for the majority of my last stint offshore, out of pure laziness.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Decided to stick at 4mm and not get any new stabbings until the end of the summer. Moving to Spain so don't want to have to be dealing with healing problems over there with no access to my preferred piercer.

Although it does give me the chance to invest in some nice jewellery at 4mm, may even stay at this size indefinitely, depending on how other jewellery looks in
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Septum is now at 12g
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well I know when I started stretching that I said I wasn't going any bigger than 5mm buuuut, I've bought some jewellery in that size and it just seems so... small... So thinking of going up to 8mm now :p
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."