Thread: The useless stretching post

The barbells arrived this morning and they slipped straight through so that was nice for my lobes. They still feel a little sore from the jewellery I've had in if I touch them but I could forget I have the barbells in because I can't even feel them. I think they look better too soci might actually order some for my firsts just to wear day to day.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

..I'll just pop in and tell you guys what mine are at.
    My lobes are currently at 8g, I want to get them to 0g or 00g.... also, I feel strange posting in gauges, since most of you guys use millimeters XD

I just bought Colin these. Jealous!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

oh i like those!

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

I can't decide if I want to start stretching my conches or just wait until I can take a road trip to get them punched. I think I want them to be around 5 or 6mm. Getting there from 16G would take ages so I think I should probably just go for punches!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I have pondered the same thing Lindsay but I like the expierence of stretching and it will be the first time I have stretched cartiledge so I think I will just go for stretching no matter how long it takes. Even though it will be a long time before I can stretch mine since they are only almost a month old. And Toni those plugs are friggin awesome, I am jealous that you bought them for Colin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole<3 View Post
    I have pondered the same thing Lindsay but I like the expierence of stretching and it will be the first time I have stretched cartiledge so I think I will just go for stretching no matter how long it takes. Even though it will be a long time before I can stretch mine since they are only almost a month old. And Toni those plugs are friggin awesome, I am jealous that you bought them for Colin!!!!
    You might be less zealous after your first experience of stretching cartilage. Lobes and other soft parts aren't supposed to hurt or be uncomfortable. Cartilage doesn't exactly follow the same rules. I've stretched my conch. Took forever to get comfortable again. And I've stretched 2 gunned helices. I'm pretty well over stretching cartilage.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd want to actually stretch them. Not only would it hurt but it would take years to get to 2G.
    Izzy, someone on a Facebook group told me about a shop in PA that does punches (not illegally, I guess they're legal there)... if you want one we should make a road trip, haha.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I might feel different about it after the fact, but I have read on here from others that stretching cartiledge is uncomfortable and I imagine it would be. Its more solid and less giving then lobe skin is, I am not afraid of the uncomfortableness that may come with it. Its the only other place on my ears I have plans for stretching, I just like the look of smaller plugs in there. It was done at 14g so I could well possibly change my mind when I get some of those glass 14g plugs from BAF they look like they would be cute and comfy without having to stretch bc I like how the plugs look as opposed to how a labret stud looks.

I'd much rather get punched than stretch cartilage to 5/6mm .... ow.

I just realised I haven't had plugs in for 24 hours. Maybe I should go put some in :p lol
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue