Thread: The useless stretching post

I'm not too sure hahaha! I've narrowed it down to 3 materials... hmmm!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Mysterious swelling is mysterious.
    Ah Anne, I have some of this mysterious swelling your refering to, for the life of me I can't figure out why. But it goes as fast as it came and it is well rather mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post
    oooooo. whats it gonna look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I'm not too sure hahaha! I've narrowed it down to 3 materials... hmmm!
    Decided on delrin with deer antler inlay. My body likes to take severe reactions at random so not going to risk it... I know I'm good with delrin (for now!) so will get the nice material as an inlay
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I got my septum pierced in October, so I'm going to start stretching it in April. Is the recommended time the same as it is for lobes? And is it normal to feel some slight comfort whilst stretching? Obviously it shouldn't be really painful because it's not cartilage, but I would imagine it to be slightly more uncomfortable than lobe stretching with it being through the nose. I'm considering using crescents to stretch (the ones with the largest part at one side rather than in the middle) because I feel like pushing a taper through would be quite uncomfortable for my nose, but I'm not sure yet.
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 01-30-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Decided on delrin with deer antler inlay. My body likes to take severe reactions at random so not going to risk it... I know I'm good with delrin (for now!) so will get the nice material as an inlay
    That sounds awesome! I love animal bits as jewellery. Just make us to keep the antler away from and rogue porcupines you might encounter.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Hahah! It'll be made from the same piece that made these tunnels

Nice!
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    I got my septum pierced in October, so I'm going to start stretching it in April. Is the recommended time the same as it is for lobes? And is it normal to feel some slight comfort whilst stretching? Obviously it shouldn't be really painful because it's not cartilage, but I would imagine it to be slightly more uncomfortable than lobe stretching with it being through the nose. I'm considering using crescents to stretch (the ones with the largest part at one side rather than in the middle) because I feel like pushing a taper through would be quite uncomfortable for my nose, but I'm not sure yet.
    I'm not entirely sure it's right to start stretching a septum after 6 months, but I could be wrong. Not sure about wait times either. I've read though that it's normal for there to be discomfort from stretching your septum, it's not like lobes in that respect. The piercing is (usually) not through cartilage, but I do believe cartilage surrounds the "sweet spot" which means you may feel "denting" as you stretch--that may only be at bigger sizes though.

Using crescents is also dubious. I think it's okay at smaller sizes because there isn't much variation between the points and the center, but when you get to bigger sizes, I think it puts uneven pressure on the piercing because the whole wearable isn't the same size. Can you wear steel? Maybe wearing solid steel no-flare plugs or septum bullets would help as well since they're heavier. Tapering does seem awkward, I think a lot of people find the taping method the most viable.

How big do you want to go?
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

I had my septum pierced in November and was advised to wait until summer before stretching so 6 months-ish. I'm hoping to dead stretch using these http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...D=422&index=21
    at $3 a piece, if you don't have sensitive skin they are hard to beat. Plus I think it could look nice in a conch later
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

I went ahead and ordered these because apparently there were two pairs of 1/2" that had color variation and I saw one of the 1/2" pairs had already been sold so I didn't know if they'd last til the sale. I hope I get a really pretty pair! If I don't love them I'm gonna send them back or maybe see if anyone on the Jewelry Exchange wants them.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!