Thread: The useless stretching post

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    What kind of oil do you use? Seems like emu oil is the best for soothing irritated, dry lobes.
    I've stretched in the winter before but then again I don't go outside much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't try stretching during winter
    I use jojoba oil.
    I avoid going outside as much as possible in the winter but I have to walk to and from classes a couple times a day.
    I guess I'll just use the winter months to baby my lobes and try in the spring.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    I use jojoba oil.
    I avoid going outside as much as possible in the winter but I have to walk to and from classes a couple times a day.
    I guess I'll just use the winter months to baby my lobes and try in the spring.
    I use jojoba oil with no problems, and stretched from 4mm to 5mm the other week using the taping method, with no problems either. I'm in Ireland and it's bloody freezin'.

Also, as far as I have learned from forums, wet ear is a result of wearing glass. I have yet to acquire glass, and will do so at 6mm, so I can't comment myself on personal experience.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    I use jojoba oil with no problems, and stretched from 4mm to 5mm the other week using the taping method, with no problems either. I'm in Ireland and it's bloody freezin'.

Also, as far as I have learned from forums, wet ear is a result of wearing glass. I have yet to acquire glass, and will do so at 6mm, so I can't comment myself on personal experience.
    Ah, well then it's probably just the fact I only oil them once a week, if that. I should really start doing so daily.
    Do you know why it causes that? These are the only plugs I have in this size and I heard these are the best for ears because wood is too dry, steel can get too cold, and acrylic is just too yucky to wear for months at a time.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I've never had wet ear from wearing glass. Individual thing perhaps?

It's easy to add lobe care into your daily routine I just pop my plugs out before a shower/bath, wash my lobes along with the rest of me, then a quick rub with oil or holey butt'r before putting plugs in again.
    If I'm actively stretching (or wanting to) I add a bedtime oil massage as well.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

ha.

the people who have previously said to me they dont like the big holes in my ears saw my pretty bling plugs today.... and said how nice they look.
    WOOP WOOP!

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

It's easy to add lobe care into your daily routine I just pop my plugs out before a shower/bath, wash my lobes along with the rest of me, then a quick rub with oil or holey butt'r before putting plugs in again.
    That's my routine as well. I get wet ear from glass too, never found out why, guts me because it's one of my favourite materials :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I wear glass like 99% of the time and I do get a lot of "ear cheese." Kinda sucks because I don't get it at all if I wear crappy materials like acrylic and silicone, and I get less if I wear metals but it smells worse. It doesn't get too out of hand if I take my plugs out to clean every day but if I forget they get pretty gross.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I'd say it must be. I wear glass most of the time and i've never had it!

I don't specifically wash my lobes as such, guess my ears get cleaned in the shower but i'm kinda careful atm having ear piercings still healing.I don't ever sleep with plugs in (unless i'm hammered and then I just don't care), so after i've showered I just leave them to dry off for a bit then oil and pop my plugs back in. If they feel like they need it, I do massages as and when.
    I guess i'm quite lucky really, i've not had any issues with my lobes .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Maybe a weird question, but apart from being a bit gross, is 'wet ear' actually bad for you? I get it when I wear glass but I love glass so much I pretty much wear it exclusively - but I do try and clean them every day in the shower.

Hey it's nearly christmas!

*messages Bill*

what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue