Thread: The useless stretching post

^Scar tissue, maybe? I have a lot in my right ear from previous piercings and I have to wait about 3-4 months between stretches.

Finally at 7/16"! I honestly don't feel like they look any bigger though.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

So I'm reconsidering my goal size of 0g. So many more options and more detail come up at 00g and above. But 00g can be anywhere from 9-10mm. I think 1/2" is a great size, but apparently there's a lot of variation for what constitutes 1/2" for plug sizes, too. So now I'm thinking either 7/16" or 9/16". Maybe 9/16" since that allows ever so slightly more detail, but then it seems like 7/16" is a more common size (if BAF is anything to go off of).

Of course, I won't know for sure until I get my ears pierced and know how big 2g looks in my ears, so...

Edit: Crud, those gorgeous black horn plugs with the shells on the inside don't come in either of those sizes... might need to do 5/8" just to wear them... oh dear...
    Last edited by Sneferie; 11-09-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Browsing on a new site to see if I can find any nice cheap plugs... is it just me or do these seem like a terrible idea? Not that I want them, I just can't believe they make something like this:
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    ^Scar tissue, maybe? I have a lot in my right ear from previous piercings and I have to wait about 3-4 months between stretches.
    You'd think that but nah, that would be too easy. My last stretch from the previous round was to 7mm and at 2 months that slid in like a dream.
    Since then I've done a full downsize, restretched back to 4g over the course of 2 and a bit years, been very very meticulous about my oil massages and bought a few of the expensive ones people recommend - I can't see how I could have possibly made it worse. :(

Also I'd like to add that I'm sure that this site stocked the dice ones at one point - maybe they still do.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

I don't see the dice plugs being any worse than other shaped plugs - of course they'll cause pressure points so shouldn't be worn long term - but I can't imagine the heart ones looking good in-ear. Unless maybe you get a couple of sizes down so your lobe will "fill in" the bit at the top?

I'm impressed with my tiger eye plugs, they stayed in overnight! lol
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I should buy more glass colourfronts. Maybe some earskins too.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

finally got my left lobe to 1/2inch..... the others lagging behind at 8mm still :( tried to put the 9mm insertian pin through it but it was painful so i put the 8 back in. better to have a small but happy lobe than a throbbing painful ear.

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

Stretching both lobes to 2mm tomorrow.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Ugh I can't cope with my lobes anymore! I've been at 7mm for around 6 months and I still don't think they're ready for stretching.
    My lobes randomly get sore and it seems I'm either experiencing wet ear (which I don't understand, is it from natural oils the body produces or because of glass??) or the holes are dry and red.
    These type of problems never happened until I got to 6mm so is irritation more common for larger sizes?? What do I do about it besides washing my ears daily? And WHEN will I be able to stretch my ears again?!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Stretched to 2mm today. When I first put the taper in my left ear, it stopped at a certain point, so I took it out to put more lube on it then tried again. There was still some resistance at a point, but I eased it in slowly and gently and it went through without any pain (I just had the normal slightly unpleasant sensation). The taper went through easier on my right ear. Both my lobes feel and look fine. I only waited four weeks and a day from my last stretch, so I'll think I'll wait eight or six weeks to stretch to 2.4mm.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced