Thread: The useless stretching post

Little bit gutted I retired my second lobe piercing . . once i'd got it to 2g it just looked like too much. At least my other lobe's at 2g, so I can get some use out of the pretty jewellery I have! Tempted to stay there for longer just cos i'm loving the galaxies!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Sorry if something like this has been asked before, but...

I'm getting my conch pierced sometime after Christmas and I want to stretch it to maybe 6mm. How long would it be recommended to wait after the initial piercing to stretch it, and how long should I leave between each stretch?
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

I think with cartilage it's really just about waiting until you feel like you can comfortably stretch it. Like I see a lot of people saying their cartilage piercings are fully healed in a year, and they could probably stretch them after a year and a half or so, while I wouldn't feel comfortable stretching my right conch which is 3 years and a few months old. But generally I'd say at least twice as long as you wait with lobe piercings, if not longer.
    Honestly if I decided I wanted my conches to be a larger gauge I'd just get punches over the piercings.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Not very experienced in stretching cartilage, but I'm sure you're meant to give it over a year to heal before attempting to stretch. And if I remember correctly, you should wait double your normal stretching time for soft tissue - so at least 3 month but more if you're particularly unstretchy.

Though, same as with lobes you shouldn't be forcing anything and you shouldn't get real pain - only a very mild ache from the cartilage denting.
    Last edited by Sunnyx; 11-04-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

so going to leave my upper conch punch till dec time im on extra ivs and will be for my birthday so ive got to wait boo cant get a piercing like that when im extra ill boo.. lol..
    Left Ear -stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - 2 pinnas - 6mm conch punch - 6mm helix punch - 10mm cart punch
    Right Ear - stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - snug - 6mm helix punch - vertical industrial - tragus - rook
    Others -nape - left and right nipple - right wrist x2 - bridge - eyebrow - twinkle
    Tattoos - medieval dragon with sugar skull half sleeve - vampire pinup - tinkerbell

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    I think with cartilage it's really just about waiting until you feel like you can comfortably stretch it. Like I see a lot of people saying their cartilage piercings are fully healed in a year, and they could probably stretch them after a year and a half or so, while I wouldn't feel comfortable stretching my right conch which is 3 years and a few months old. But generally I'd say at least twice as long as you wait with lobe piercings, if not longer.
    Honestly if I decided I wanted my conches to be a larger gauge I'd just get punches over the piercings.
    Thanks for the advice.

I'd rather stretch it so I can decide along the way if there's a point where I want to stop stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    Not very experienced in stretching cartilage, but I'm sure you're meant to give it over a year to heal before attempting to stretch. And if I remember correctly, you should wait double your normal stretching time for soft tissue - so at least 3 month but more if you're particularly unstretchy.

Though, same as with lobes you shouldn't be forcing anything and you shouldn't get real pain - only a very mild ache from the cartilage denting.
    Thanks.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Yeah punching is pretty permanent! (says the wumman who's in the middle of arranging to get one ) so if you change your mind you're a bit stuffed. Well the skin might recover but the cartilage wouldn't.

My 2nds are well tight, going to have to wear 5mm for a while again.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Yeah punching is pretty permanent! (says the wumman who's in the middle of arranging to get one ) so if you change your mind you're a bit stuffed. Well the skin might recover but the cartilage wouldn't.
    That's what I'm thinking too. Plus, there's the fact I'm not old enough to get punched. xD

Scarred_pierced

Really want to start stretching up again, considering starting to tape again but with a temperamental daith piercing in one ear and a freshish rook in the other, which is upsetting my forward helix, not sure it's a good idea yet.

Does anywhere in the UK sell either 4mm DF or 5mm SF wood plugs?

I know I can get them on BAF but I'm thinking of speed. (and that I can order over $100 worth far too easily there, and customs charges)
    Last edited by kitebunny; 11-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue