Thread: The useless stretching post

Quote Originally Posted by littlekaty View Post
    one more stretch and then im at my 1st goal size so i can start to wear some of my huge collection cant wait..
    I know this feeling! But this stretch is just taking so so long :(
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffdigital View Post
    what kind of tape are you using?
    ptfe.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

After nearly a year and a half of being at 14mm, i'd love to go a bit bigger. Sadly my boyfriend would HATE it, and every time my mum and sister see me when they visit or I visit them, they always go crazy and accuse me of having stretched them bigger since last time (when I haven't). le sigh.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Scarred_pierced

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Whenever your lobes settle down again is fine. My left lobe is perfectly happy again, but who knows if the taping will put it back to where it was!
    Try using less tape? Or oiling the tape and your ear more. Just keep up the massages as well, perhaps even change the oil you are using or massage with something different.
    As much as I love 14mm I really really really want to go bigger, I just LOVE the look of big lobes, I know it might hinder me in the future but I have hair, I can cover them up, I can downsize at some point, I just love big lobes.

^thats the issue with stretching eh. get to a size, realize how much more awesome jewellery there if only i went up to X mm's. :p

As much as I really would love to get to 16mm someday, i'll stay with these 13mm for now :S I really need to let my old seconds close up more and the surrounding tissue thicken etc. Thats the logical decision ... sure as heck doesn't make the back of my mind stop thinking of how friggen easy it would be to tape just a biiiiiiit though.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Scarred_pierced

Lol so true, but ugh, big lobes are hot!!!!!! The jewellery is expensive but I'd rather pay loads for something big than something little!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Try using less tape? Or oiling the tape and your ear more. Just keep up the massages as well, perhaps even change the oil you are using or massage with something different.
    As much as I love 14mm I really really really want to go bigger, I just LOVE the look of big lobes, I know it might hinder me in the future but I have hair, I can cover them up, I can downsize at some point, I just love big lobes.
    I only add one layer at a time though! My left lobe is just super pissy. :( I think I just need to oil my ears daily.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.

Scarred_pierced

How long between each layer?? Yeah I would def suggest oiling your lobes daily, or at least massaging them with anything, vaseline, vit e cream, anything.

I wait a few days between each layer usually. My ears must be super sensitive or something, at least the left one. I'll definitely start moisturizing daily from now on.
    Current

I started stretching my right lobe 2 days ago and I spoke to a piercer about when to go up a size (I'm 1.6mm atm) and he said size up when it doesn't hurt anymore and it doesn't hurt but I think it might have been some bad advice or w/e? Because going up after two days would ruin my lobes most probably