Thread: The useless stretching post

OK. One last attempt with these flipping tapers then I'm giving up! May consider taping instead.

Edit: No Luck. Shock Horror.
    Last edited by MxSherwood89; 07-09-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

I still need to get PTFE tape as my birthday is only 3 weeks away and I'd love to wear my bloodwood moksha hangies. I just hope that's enough time..my lobes have been at this size at least 2 months, but after over a year at 6mm my ears still weren't ready for 7....sigh.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Currently have my left ear at 12mm and right at 10 - though after realisation that I've stretched way too fast, I'm staying at these sizes for a long while. Maybe even downsizing for a while. Eeeek.

question - how much/often/just how overall do people oil their wood plugs??? I mean I understand how to physically put it on the plug but how often? do you need to basically load em up when they're new? e.g. let them soak up as much oil as they need?

i've got a pair concave tamarind plugs from BAF that are lovely but i feel like they suck the moisture right outta my lobes. they go in perfect if i give them a bit of oil but within 10min they're born dry and super rough in the ear. I've been at this size 3.5-4 months and can handle similar sized flares in inorganic material no issue.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Got my tape this morning. This should be fun.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post
    question - how much/often/just how overall do people oil their wood plugs??? I mean I understand how to physically put it on the plug but how often? do you need to basically load em up when they're new? e.g. let them soak up as much oil as they need?

i've got a pair concave tamarind plugs from BAF that are lovely but i feel like they suck the moisture right outta my lobes. they go in perfect if i give them a bit of oil but within 10min they're born dry and super rough in the ear. I've been at this size 3.5-4 months and can handle similar sized flares in inorganic material no issue.
    Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if the plugs are drying up that quickly in your ears I'd load them up with oil, as you said, and see if it improves them a bit. Maybe the wood is really dried out. As far as I know the oil wouldn't damage the plugs. Other than that, I oil lightly once a weekish, plus whenever I take them out or put them in.

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post

I've got some like that, it's a b*gger cos they're gorgeous and I love them, but they just end up gripping my lobes and not really sitting comfortably. I'm thinking of oiling mine dailly till they don't seem so dry. Like a build up gradually that will hopefully then last!
    Major downside ofc is that all the oiling is going to make them quite a bit darker :/.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Thanks a heap guys. Also, I'm glad - I thought I was missing something obvious/just doing something stupid wrong. I started just putting oil all over, waiting till they looked dry and reapplying but was super surprised at how much they were taking in and thought I'd ask. They definitely are noticeably darker already but I guess there's nothing really left to do but keep at it cause they're useless to me right now. I guess that's what i get for buying cheap (but pretty) wood eh.

What wood do people have the best luck with? Its not something I've experimented a lot with...
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

I'm hopefully gonna do mine later, though I hate how much my flares vary, means some pairs rarely get worn! They will get quite a bit darker, pity they never remind you of that when buying, I love pale woods but they rarely stay that color.

Just taped a 2.4mm plug. Wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be! I love that it already looks lovely and round, albeit tiny, when I take the plug out. Can't wait to have even lobes, but I am loving stretching again.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

My left lobe in now able to fit 24mm jewelry too. I am at my goal with both ears. omg it feels weird

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr