Thread: The useless stretching post

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    I was using bondage tape though. You can't really oil it or it stops sticking to itself :P So I was oiling my ear rather than the plug
    As can't comment on that then it would seem near impossible to use on small sizes to me!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    As can't comment on that then it would seem near impossible to use on small sizes to me!
    It is very fiddly! But it wasn't so bad on my 4mms, so it probably is the flares doing it.

It's just a pain in the bum is all seeing as I'm so close to 6mm (my goal size). My 5mm plugs just fall out without o rings, but if I were to put the 6mm taper in it would require pushing past a little resistance. *ranting lol*
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

It is very fiddly! But it wasn't so bad on my 4mms, so it probably is the flares doing it.

It's just a pain in the bum is all seeing as I'm so close to 6mm (my goal size). My 5mm plugs just fall out without o rings, but if I were to put the 6mm taper in it would require pushing past a little resistance. *ranting lol*
    I know your pain I had the same at that stage, think on my left ear I waited a good 2-3 months, so annoying!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hmm actually now I think about it, it might be a bit too early to begin taping anyway. I've been at 5mm for months and months, but I did a downsize in may. So I've technically only been at 5mm since the start of June. So about 5 weeks. I forget about it cause I feel like I've been at 5mm forever xD

(since 3.2mm my ears always seem to get real loose around the 1 month mark, but then take like another 2-3 to actually loosen up to the next size! boo D: )

Yes, but do you reckon I should wait another few weeks? Or is it a little different for taping? And would you recommend PTFE over bondage tape?
    Last edited by Sunnyx; 07-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Hmm actually now I think about it, it might be a bit too early to begin taping anyway. I've been at 5mm for months and months, but I did a downsize in may. So I've technically only been at 5mm since the start of June. So about 5 weeks. I forget about it cause I feel like I've been at 5mm forever xD

(since 3.2mm my ears always seem to get real loose around the 1 month mark, but then take like another 2-3 to actually loosen up to the next size! boo D: )

Yes, but do you reckon I should wait another few weeks? Or is it a little different for taping? And would you recommend PTFE over bondage tape?
    I'd deffo go with ptfe over bondage tape personally, mainly because you can be more gradual with it! Should be ok to start taping now really and if it doesn't work try again in a week and so on etc

Thanks you Will have a look in homebase for some ptfe tape next weekend. *hope they sell it anyway*

^^just go for ebay, it's like 1 delivered!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

No paypal though :/

Thanks you Will have a look in homebase for some ptfe tape next weekend. *hope they sell it anyway*
    Any hardware store big or small will sell it, even some supermarkets will.

Just got a bunch of awesome 7/16" jewelry. I tried to put in a pair just out of curiosity (not to actually stretch, just to see how close it would come to fitting) and I could tell it'll be quite a while before my lobes are ready for that size. I've been going back and forth between 9mm and 10mm and I guess I need to just stick to the 10mm for 6-8 weeks or so before I try the next size. Bleh.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!