Thread: The useless stretching post

Gah, I lost my conch plug while I was at home, and I didn't have any spare jewelry, now it has shrunk down to 2.4/3mm :(

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I've had my lobe piercings for more than three and a half years, so it would probably be okay to just put 1mm then 1.2mm barbells in them instead of using insertion pins first. I'll have to make sure the placement of the piercings is good before stretching, though, because I don't want to stretch them and then realize the placement is bad. :L
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

left lobe is now at 8mm, and right is 4mm

happy, newly stretched lobies! want to get my left to 6mm and keep it that size.
    keeping my left at 8mm for now

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    I've had my lobe piercings for more than three and a half years, so it would probably be okay to just put 1mm then 1.2mm barbells in them instead of using insertion pins first. I'll have to make sure the placement of the piercings is good before stretching, though, because I don't want to stretch them and then realize the placement is bad. :L
    I'm told it's better not to use externally threaded jewellery for an initial stretch. However I usually find internally threaded jewellery can be quite sharp too. Personally I'd say there's no harm in it if they're very loose but you'd be better looking for something without a thread imo.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    I'm told it's better not to use externally threaded jewellery for an initial stretch. However I usually find internally threaded jewellery can be quite sharp too. Personally I'd say there's no harm in it if they're very loose but you'd be better looking for something without a thread imo.
    I heard that too, but I haven't found any internally threaded 1mm and 1.2mm barbells. I'm going to try looking for some though.

EDIT- I think I'll just skip 1mm and go straight up to 1.2mm. I've found some internally threaded 1.2mm jewellery.
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 05-24-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

It would be best not to skip any sizes if you can avoid it..doesn't seem like much, but it can make a slight difference.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    It would be best not to skip any sizes if you can avoid it..doesn't seem like much, but it can make a slight difference.
    I was thinking about that, but I don't know if I'll be able to find any 1mm internal threaded jewellery.

To be honest my bet is your holes will accommodate 1mm no problem. Most regular earrings are anything from 0.8mm-1.2mm. Still go to 1mm, but lube them up really well, if you feel any pain or anything then stop immediately.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    To be honest my bet is your holes will accommodate 1mm no problem. Most regular earrings are anything from 0.8mm-1.2mm. Still go to 1mm, but lube them up really well, if you feel any pain or anything then stop immediately.
    Thanks for the advice. Do you think I should use a 1mm insertion pin or just put the barbells in? And is it okay if they aren't internally threaded? Sorry for the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Do you think I should use a 1mm insertion pin or just put the barbells in? And is it okay if they aren't internally threaded? Sorry for the questions.
    I'd lube them up with summat slippery and see if they fall in, hopefully they will, if you feel resistance or it hurts then stop, maybe play with the earrings you have in now to loosen them up a bit and try again in a week or so.

I know people scream about external threading and yeah it's not ideal but really doing it once at a tiny size you are probably already at hopefully won't be a mahoosive disaster or anything.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<