Thread: The useless stretching post

still not getting the DF's in but my ears feel a lot looser today, so hopefully they'll be in my ears ina couple of days !
    Pierced;
    9mm Lobes, Second Lobes, Right Tragus, Left Helix, Right Nostril, Central Labret, Inverse Navel, Tongue, Left Conch.

2 Tattoos, a joker pinup on my leg and "into a beautiful manchester sunset" on my hip.
    Her tongues the ink and she write in a romantic slant

Quote Originally Posted by Elelia View Post
    I see, makes sense..
    How is it now?
    They're both perfectly fine so I think I'll be okay with taping tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TitchTheAntiHero View Post
    I think in the next week if my ears dont loosen up enough to get the DF's in I might just strech to 8mm instead, how bad would it be if I went from 6mm to 8mm? just I couldn't find anywhere round here that had any 7mm stuff =/
    I don't even think you'll be able to do it tbh, especially since you said your lobes are unstretchy. 2mm is a HUGE difference.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    They're both perfectly fine so I think I'll be okay with taping tonight.

I don't even think you'll be able to do it tbh, especially since you said your lobes are unstretchy. 2mm is a HUGE difference.
    I think I'm gonna keep trying for about a week and if that doesn't work use tape, cause today theres like, a tiny gap when I pull on the 6mm tunnels I have in if that makes sense? thanks for the warning though :')
    Pierced;
    9mm Lobes, Second Lobes, Right Tragus, Left Helix, Right Nostril, Central Labret, Inverse Navel, Tongue, Left Conch.

2 Tattoos, a joker pinup on my leg and "into a beautiful manchester sunset" on my hip.

2mm is definitely a big jump.

On a side note, I ve had my third lobe hole at 6G since 2004 with the same DF stainless eyelets in the whole time. I finally ordered some new jewerly for them, but MAN they were a bitch to get out!!!!!!!!!!!! Lubed up / well healed yet it's taken 5 days to unanger them from the scraping on the flares.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

^ Yeah that's why you should take DFs out every day, even if it's just to clean & put them back in.

Piercer I used to go to stopped selling DF steel eyelets because of the sheer number of people whose ears shrunk around them (cos they never took them out) then they ripped their ears trying to get them out one day, or came in asking for them to be cut/bent out.

I used to take mine out in the shower every day cos steel gives me ear cheese. Eeewww :P but lucky I guess.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeah, 8/9 years definitely not advisable. Im surprised I didn't do more harm to my ears back then with my total lack of proper onformation. Still, a couple days healing for years of wear isn't all that bad. Lucklily I didn't have the same issues with the 4&2g eyelets I had in my first/second holes at the same time.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    ^ Yeah that's why you should take DFs out every day, even if it's just to clean & put them back in.

Piercer I used to go to stopped selling DF steel eyelets because of the sheer number of people whose ears shrunk around them (cos they never took them out) then they ripped their ears trying to get them out one day, or came in asking for them to be cut/bent out.

I used to take mine out in the shower every day cos steel gives me ear cheese. Eeewww :P but lucky I guess.
    ooo I didn't know you were meant to take them out daily, glad I saw this before I managed to get mine in :L
    and I thought 2mm would be a big jump tbh, I just wasn't sure if most people did skip 7mm or not seen as it seems so hard to get things in 7mm
    Pierced;

Regarding the 6-8mm jump: Are there any other sizes where a single gauge up would be a size jump? Because as far as I know, that's 2g-0g, and I thought that was one single size up, so I'm glad I saw this well in advance.
    Last edited by xLyric; 01-23-2012 at 12:57 AM.

My right lobe is being weird. I have a raised, hard-ish line going around part of the hole. It doesn't seem like a blowout at all but I'm really not sure. I stretched a few days ago but immediately downsized because it felt too tight, could a blowout have happened since then even after downsizing? I'm also thinking it could be from the o-ring being too tight.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by xLyric View Post
    Regarding the 6-8mm jump: Are there any other sizes where a single gauge up would be a size jump? Because as far as I know, that's 2g-0g, and I thought that was one single size up, so I'm glad I saw this well in advance.
    Aot of people skip 9mm too

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.