Thread: The useless stretching post

Bad news on this thread-sorry so many people are having issues!

Thanks to someone talking me out of it, I won't be getting anymore plugs for a while. Hmmpf :P. Lol, I do eventually need to buy silicone eyelts for my 2nds, but they're reluctant to take DF yet.
    Gonna hopefully be getting my tape soon though, just got to figure out how to use it .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Scarred_pierced

well someone ONLY has 20 pairs of plugs so SOMEONE doesn't need any more!!!

My ears are getting better though, and I was seriously worried for a while! So happy!!

:P.
    Yeah, I can wait-I seem to have gone way overboard on buying plugs atm-in my defence I never brought many when stretching!
    Glad yours are getting better though, you just leaving them alone?
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Scarred_pierced

I have just left them alone today except cleaning them in the shower as usual but yesterday I massaged them a few times during the day and evening, sometimes with holey buttr and sometimes just with vaseline, didn't want them drying out which just makes the itchy and worse.
    Lol yeah you have but if you're at your goal size I guess there's no harm!

Tbh i'd stick to the Holey Butt'r over vaseline, but yeah, I know what you mean with itchiness/dryness (not so much on lobes, but just generally having dry skin, yeh).
    Still, glad it's helping!
    Yep, that's my reasoning, even though I can't wear a pair of plugs yet! Still, since I eventually will be able to, i've started to think why not?!?
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

Scarred_pierced

See the only reason I chose to start using vaseline as well is cos with the holey buttr I couldn't tell what was pus and what was holey buttr residue so I switched to something clear, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell if my ear was getting better or worse.
    I mostly get it with my lobes and arms :S
    Yeah that's true, might as well build up a collection but I don't agree with getting out of pocket for it lol

Ah, that makes sense actually. I just said cos I know vaseline's not really recommended for stretching, and as your lobe was a bit pissy I wasn't sure it was the best thing. It sounds like it's helped though, so different things clearly work for different people . I just generally have really stupidly dry skin-maybe you could look into intensive moisturisers, like for your lobes it could help as much as Holey Butt'r!
    Haha, i'd rather someone else brought them for me a lot of the time lol! But yeah, normally I tend to pace myself-recently i've been ordering more from America though so it works out more cost effective to pay over a certain amount most of the time!
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

Has anyone any advice on stretching helix? I'm very new to stretching and have dead stretched fine to 2mm (my other I've just stretched to 1.6). I was considering those stretching nails and internally threaded jewellery (which I should have used before but didn't) when I try 2.4. There's scary cart stretching disaster stories out there and I want to prepare properly. Thanks!

Soph - I use Palmers cocoa butter lotion on my ears to moisturise and it works a treat.
    Last edited by redribbon; 11-19-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    Has anyone any advice on stretching helix? I'm very new to stretching and have dead stretched fine to 2mm (my other I've just stretched to 1.6). I was considering those stretching nails and internally threaded jewellery (which I should have used before but didn't) when I try 2.4. There's scary cart stretching disaster stories out there and I want to prepare properly. Thanks!

Soph - I use Palmers cocoa butter lotion on my ears to moisturise and it works a treat.
    I used to have my helix stretched to 8mm when I was young(er). I started from a gunned piercing. Used alot of single flare glass plugs, and went up a bit quick. Long insertion pins are your best bet, and I would go for glass over anything internally threaded (steel, ti, whatever), just because of how smooth it is, and rounded ends are always a bonus. You won't have any problems if you take it slow, I went up a size every few months or so (there is places that say 6 months between stretches but I found that a bit excessive, its like anything, listen to your body). It will be sore after stretches, and maybe a bit swollen. But not agony otherwise you are doing it wrong. I downsized cause it never really settled down properly, I think thats the risk with cartilage stretching.

What size are you thinking of going to? Punching is the ultimate easy way to do it
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 11-19-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I used to use their cocoa butter too-but it made me hungry :P. Seriously! Now I alternate between a bio-oil rip off that's actually pretty good, and coconut oil. Either way my lobes are generally happy and smell nice .

Now, I got my tape today so i'm gonna try and tape in a bit-one layer at a time, right? And I need enough oil so it goes clear? And is DF or SF stuff better to use?
    I'm a lil clueless, sorry!
    4 tattoos.

Facebook