Thread: The useless stretching post

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Very little if anything at all in/on the human body is symmetrical.
    What the lovely Hazel said.
    I'm such a child I can spend ages staring at my feet comparing them >.<. However, I get confused trying to look at my ears (yes, seriously), but as far as I can tell mine are pretty similar, no obvious differences. I can't comment on lobes though as only one of mine is stretched.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Oh ffs :| my lobes are well pissed off. Just took my earskins out, to some slight stinging, and the right one was all gunky. Yuuuuuuck.
    Better wear glass all weekend then :P
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Scarred_pierced

Ah my ears are well upset after the festival, they are just so sore from not getting regular attention and massages. Luckily nothing happened to them in my drunken state but they are so sore now. The 10mm one more than anything but then that one does have a steel tunnel in and my 9mm has lovely titanium. Soon to be even though, its been over 6 weeks but I want to wait for them both to calm down before I do anything.

As for the ear shape thing, I can't really tell as my lobes were pierced in different places, not too noticeable until you stretch :( one side is closer to the edge and the other closer to the face. Considering scapelling in the future but not sure I have the guts.

Siiigh I really love the way lobes up to an inch can look on some people. That size so pretty with the right jewelry. :3
    Speaking of big lobes, I really wish I could stretch mine to at least 11mm. *cries* Stupid career.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Yaay, steelnavel order is shipped today, means I'll be stretching my septum to 8g in about 2-3 weeks (or whenever it arrives)

Alex, are you 100% sure stretching would be a problem with your career? 10-11mm really shouldn't be, they can be mistaken for normal holes, plus there is a chance they will shrink back!

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I'm not completely sure. Someone once told me that someone they knew was a therapist and had stretched ears, but I don't know how large they were.
    Do you think so? I feel like it would be rather noticeable, but then again, I'm always looking for stretched ears I've always worried about them shrinking back from that size and was told that 8mm is the point of no return. I'd like for them to go down to 4mm again if need be.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    I'm not completely sure. Someone once told me that someone they knew was a therapist and had stretched ears, but I don't know how large they were.
    Do you think so? I feel like it would be rather noticeable, but then again, I'm always looking for stretched ears I've always worried about them shrinking back from that size and was told that 8mm is the point of no return. I'd like for them to go down to 4mm again if need be.
    Are you planning on having hair that covers your ears? I have long hair and never wear it up (unless I'm swimming or something) & very few people notice my lobes. Probably couldn't go any bigger than this though (1/2") as my ears would start to distort slightly then so it would be more obvious. If they do see them they just assume I wear big earrings, as they never see the back of the plug. Rose quartz and some other stones can be very subtle, depending on your skin tone, and don't forget about hider plugs too! I also think mine would go back to around 4mm, possibly even smaller eventually if I left them out long enough (they've gone down to a loose 0g before, that was just after leaving them mostly out overnights for a week & wearing 00g/0g plugs in the day).

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Do you think so? I feel like it would be rather noticeable, but then again, I'm always looking for stretched ears
    True, i do this too xD
    I suppose most people don't really care. My ears started to get noticed at around 13-14mm, and only when I wore tunnels. Before that only people who got really close to me could tell. Dunno
    I'd say you could get away with at least few more sizes if you really want to stretch

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Whether your stretches get noticed depends a lot on your ears...mine are at 16mm and my ear isn't distorted, I had an interview on Monday and they weren't noticed :|
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Are you planning on having hair that covers your ears? I have long hair and never wear it up (unless I'm swimming or something) & very few people notice my lobes. Probably couldn't go any bigger than this though (1/2") as my ears would start to distort slightly then so it would be more obvious. If they do see them they just assume I wear big earrings, as they never see the back of the plug. Rose quartz and some other stones can be very subtle, depending on your skin tone, and don't forget about hider plugs too! I also think mine would go back to around 4mm, possibly even smaller eventually if I left them out long enough (they've gone down to a loose 0g before, that was just after leaving them mostly out overnights for a week & wearing 00g/0g plugs in the day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynwhyl View Post
    True, i do this too xD
    I suppose most people don't really care. My ears started to get noticed at around 13-14mm, and only when I wore tunnels. Before that only people who got really close to me could tell. Dunno
    I'd say you could get away with at least few more sizes if you really want to stretch
    Quote Originally Posted by cooties View Post
    Whether your stretches get noticed depends a lot on your ears...mine are at 16mm and my ear isn't distorted, I had an interview on Monday and they weren't noticed :|
    Wow, all of this is very encouraging! I think I could stretch to 11mm without any distortion, but I'm not sure if that size would look good on me.
    I'll probably end up going to 8mm eventually, at least.
    I do have long hair, so that is definitely helpful for hiding my ears.
    Thanks for the help, everyone!
    Current